• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Raptor v0.1 Release super fast and stable

Thanks very much!
My phones running like brand new!
Couldn't thank you enough.

Also, this article helped too..
"Do you mean safe mode?
1. Power the LG Ally off.

2. Slide the keyboard open.

3. Press and hold the OK key while powering the device back on.

4. Keep holding the OK key until you see the Home screen load. It should say Safe Mode in the bottom-left corner of the screen.

To take the device out of Safe Mode, simply turn the device off, then back on.

OR Do you mean Factory Reset?
1. From the Home screen, press the Menu key .
2. Touch Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset.
3. Read the warning and touch Reset phone.

Or, when the phone is off hold Volume, Home and Power for a few seconds.

If a factory reset is performed, all installed application and user data will be erased. Please remember to back up any important data before performing a factory reset (from manual). ''
Recovery Mode - LG Ally Forum
Post #2

Upvote 0
I know I am way out of date here as far as this thread and even the Ally phone but my friend has one and after successfully root/recovery/rom-ing my Vortex, he asked me to do the same for him and his Ally.

His Ally is on 2.2.1 OS.

I have it rooted via Gingerbreak 1.20. I have flashed RA-2.2.1.1 Recovery. And I can flash Raptor using recovery with no trouble following all the instructions in this thread.

The problem happens after reboot from recovery menu. I get boot loop at the android text part of the bootimage.

My biggest issue is that this happens with ANY Ally ROM I try to flash and I am left restoring from nandroid as my only working solution. Is Raptor (or any Ally custom rom available) not compatible with Android 2.2.1?

Is there something else I can try to get past this issue beyond what the general troubleshooting and forum help steps seem to cover?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you for your time!
T

Upvote 0
I know I am way out of date here as far as this thread and even the Ally phone but my friend has one and after successfully root/recovery/rom-ing my Vortex, he asked me to do the same for him and his Ally.

His Ally is on 2.2.1 OS.

I have it rooted via Gingerbreak 1.20. I have flashed RA-2.2.1.1 Recovery. And I can flash Raptor using recovery with no trouble following all the instructions in this thread.

The problem happens after reboot from recovery menu. I get boot loop at the android text part of the bootimage.

My biggest issue is that this happens with ANY Ally ROM I try to flash and I am left restoring from nandroid as my only working solution. Is Raptor (or any Ally custom rom available) not compatible with Android 2.2.1?

Is there something else I can try to get past this issue beyond what the general troubleshooting and forum help steps seem to cover?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you for your time!
T

raptor doesnt work on 2.2 he only made 1 version a while ago, velocity is your best bet for 2.2.1. have you tried it yet?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones