• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rate Companies by Quality and Customer Service

I have dealt with Samsung and HTC both.

Samsung has great quality on it's phones, the screens are nice and phones are well thought out. The software lacks with these guys but the Hardware is top notch. A little cheaply made on the outside like the battery doors and have a plastic feel to them, but overall the phones are built very good on the second layer. Customer Service is terrible.

HTC has probably the best software out, the hardware is built well but quality control lacks a bit. These guys are known to have uneven edges on phones, light leak, and terrible response on screens, but HTC has improved greatly in this area over the past year. The thunderbolt is a tank and overall I think it's a pretty good phone. It lacks a little in innovation, but I think it's improved very much over the EVO. Customer service is half hearted, but unlike Samsung HTC at least try to make it sound good. Samsung customer service are like Zombies.

Not true
Stubbs the zombie complained.He cant be compared to whatever Samsung Customer care are.Terrible is too generous in my opinion .
Hardware is over-rated .A lesser phone with good software is always better than poorly implemented ,nicer hardware one.
And Samsung is ^!%&$@&$@!&$!(@( in software department.

Upvote 0
I have both Samsung (Epic / Captivate) and HTC. I like both.

Samsung has always had good hardware, and I like the fact they're fairly open - no locked / encrypted bootloaders, and their unlock codes for the GSM phones are embedded in the phone, that was how I was able to unlock my Captivate to use on T-mobile.

HTC makes great phones too, no complaints especially after they openly declared they no longer will lock / encrypt booloaders. :)

Gotta love both. I wish Motorola would do the same.

I'm drooling over the Galaxy S2 phones.

Upvote 0
I am on my 5th HTC Incredible in 14 months and have been required to do "hard system resets" 3x. I refused to go that route after the 3rd time. When it works, it's awesome. No complaints. The problem is these phones keep developing fatal-type issues. At Christmas, while on vacation with my family it turned into a pretty good pocket warmer. every time I used the camera or camcorder. The thing would heat up to about 130F and kill the battery in 60-90 minutes. Once the Wifi died. Twice it developed "out-of-memory" errors even though both the SD card and the internal memory were 80-90% available. The last time it was the memory issue. I powered it off and when I tried to power it on it got stuck in an endless cycle of trying to boot, fail, then try again. The only way to stop it was to remove the battery.

The times I contacted HTC customer service in Eastern Tennesee (if I remember correctly) I got very capable techs who seemed to know what they were doing. Those CustSvc/TechSup calls were mainly in the 1st 4 months I had the phone and was having trouble getting the previous version of HTC Sync to work. The latest version (as of late 2010) works flawlessly.

If I could just get a unit that would work consistently I'd be a happy little customer but alas, I'm longing for the Motorola Bionic now and keeping my finger crossed with this VZW HTC Incredible (ADR6300) until then.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones