1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

rattle in the s5

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by Avera6, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Avera6

Avera6 Well-Known Member

I ordered my galaxy s5 from the metro web site. the phone is awesome and I love it but I noticed a rattle when I shake it slightly,it goes away when I open the camera app. It sounds like something is loose and that's not normal.Can I take the phone back to a corporate store and have it looked at and maybe exchanged? What are my options?

Advertisement

2. averagewonder

averagewonder Android Enthusiast

Did you get insurance? How long have you had it/talked on it?

3. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

It's a manufacturing defect so it's covered under the warranty. Take it in and ask for a warranty exchange because there's something loose inside the phone. Then shake it where he person you're talking to can hear it.

4. Avera6

Avera6 Well-Known Member

I've only had it for 5 days. I noticed someone mentioning it on another s5 forum. Went to a nearby metro store and they checked out one of theirs and it was the same. I contacted metro on Facebook and they told me to take it to a corporate store and have it checked out. After dishing out the money for a flagship phone I want to know it was assembled correctly

5. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

my nexus has a rattle with power/volume buttons. some have with the actual camera itself, could be one of those for ya as well :)

6. Avera6

Avera6 Well-Known Member

Most people say they don't have any rattle but there have been some that do and not just here in the US

7. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

That Samsung build quality...anyone feels like the s5 was rushed?