• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rattle sound near speaker/camera

Tried tapping with the USB cover locked open, closed and held . Still slight rattle. It actually sounds like it is from the area just below the headphone jack. But taking off the back cover, I wonder if I can tighten up the left side screws. Don't have anything right now to test try.

Upvote 0
OK I went to a quiet room and checked mine. Holding the USB cover, and without the bat cover, I hear a really really subtle rattling sound when i shake violently the phone in front to back direction (not side to side or buttom to top).

Then I did the following in addition to holding the usb cover.

My position: phone in the left hand hugging it with the screen facing the palm, the point finger on the USB cover, the THUMB is on the battery AND ON THE LITTLE pin-type contact that usually contacts the battery cover, on the left side of the back next to the bottom screw and the micro SD slot. Shaking - no rattling sound. The sound is coming from that pin, it is spring loaded and floating freely within its space. When you shake the phone it is just hitting its surroundings.

Non issue for me, just a design. Try it and let me know if this is also the source of YOUR rattling sound.

Upvote 0
I think I know what pin you are referring to. I put my finger across the back without the battery cover (covering the pin, sd slot and sim) and then tapped and it was less but still there. I think I will stop by the store and tap the model there to compare. I usually use the headset anyway, so maybe not a big deal. Just checking if anyone else noticed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones