1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

rattle?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by diaper84, Jan 16, 2013.

1. diaper84

diaper84 Newbie

I just noticed this rattle coming from volume rocker when shaken, weird I never noticed it before. Is it just mine? Don't remember dropping it...

2. njs11usc

njs11usc Member

Mine has it too. I'm pretty sure most if not every N4 does. I wouldnt worry about it.

3. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Android Expert

Yeah, I too have a small "rattle" noise from the top end of the phone if I tap it, or put it down sharply on a hard surface.

4. realizm

realizm Well-Known Member

They all do. It's a combination of 2 things on the N4. The sim ejection pin, and the camera. All newer AF cameras rattle

5. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

I have no rattles on this unit...

However starting to get some creaks from the bottom corners?

6. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

So far I haven't noticed any rattles or creaks however I have read about quite a few people having rattles and that - as the poster above notes - most have been traced to the auto-focus on the camera and the SIM tray.

7. andrews317

andrews317 Android Enthusiast

Read this thread, shaked my phone and noticed that same rattle noise.

8. steslatt

steslatt Android Expert

I have the rattle. Also the earpiece hiss but I can only hear it in a very quiet room with my ear to the earpiece. Those things don't really bother me.
    What does bother me is my charger. It makes a noticeable high pitched noise when not charging eg in the middle of the night when my phone has finished charging :/

9. OhSeven

OhSeven Android Enthusiast

I noticed mine making a rapid clicking sound that lasts awhile after unplugging it

10. Krunk83

Krunk83 Android Enthusiast

Mine creeks and rattles, all normal according to Google. The bottom creek from the plug bsing used daily, it's the glass. The rattle is from the camera auto focus.

It this were an apple product they would just tell you that you are holding it wrong, FYI. ;-)

11. alexward

alexward Newbie

I have the rattle.... Glad I've seen this a thread. Thought something was wrong with my handset. Obviously normal :)

Nexus 4 Forum

The Nexus 4 release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2100mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews