1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Raw Gingerbread ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Veregund, May 31, 2011.

1. Veregund

Veregund Newbie
    None

Dec 17, 2009
    Hey guys -

I'm thinking about getting the DC. I've been rooted for about a year on my Droid1, but still hardly know anything about rooting/ROMs generally lol.

If the DC gets rooted, there will likely be a raw Gingerbread ROM right? I wouldn't get this phone without knowing I can root it and get some raw google goodness on it, so I gotta make sure. Third party skins/tweaks of any sort annoy me.

Also, rooting gets rid of all the bloatware right? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. nlsme

nlsme Android Expert
    None

Jun 23, 2010
    You can root and remove the bloat. There are already some ROMs, but i am not sure on the pure Gb rom as of yet. My bet is, if it isnt there yet, it is only a matter of time.

3. kyler13

kyler13 Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    I'm guessing there's A LOT of work to go into getting GB on the Charge and it would take some time and some serious dedication by a dev (and input from testers). Your best bet is to wait for the update directly from Samsung/Verizon (supposed to be this summer) so that it's built for the phone from the ground up. Then I'm sure one of the guys on XDA will clean it up, bloat free and TW free, much like they're doing with stock Froyo ROM. Either that or hope for support from the Cyanogen team - but that might be a longshot given that they don't even have the Fascinate supported. That would be my preference, if it got to that. CM7 is awesome on my Incredible. First things first, they still need to get CWM fully running on the Charge. Still some issues there, like you can't restore without bricking your phone.