1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Rayman for Gensoid??

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by DCUltrapro, May 3, 2011.

1. DCUltrapro

DCUltrapro Well-Known Member
    None

hey guys, I've got the full Gensoid running on my HTC Desire HD and its awesome, loving Xmen 2 and Phantasy Star 4 on it, but wondered why Rayman isn't available as a ROM. If anyone needs help getting the Gensoid running I'm happy to point you to it and the ROMS. I know it disappeared off the market for god knows what reason recently. I'm also after Zillion 2 for the Master System/Game Gear Emulator Gearoid as well if anyone knows where to get that ?? thanks

Pro

Advertisement

2. Pushwall

Pushwall Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    SouthWest Ohio
    I believe Rayman was a Sega Saturn game not Sega Genesis. Could be wrong though.

3. Rural

Rural Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 12, 2010
    Yeah. Rayman emerged from the 32 bit era. I used to play it on my PSX.

4. DCUltrapro

None

yeah your right, although the game was originally released on the Jaguar (one of the unsung heroes of the 32bit age if you ask me) however it did get ported to Saturn and PS1, I could've sworn it was on the Mega Drive though! Nevermind I'm obviously just having a funny five minutes!!

Does anyone know if a Saturn Emulator is in development? Or is there somewhere that has a good resource for PS1 ROMS? I've been to Roms For Droid and Rom Hustler and both are either missing sections or just don't have very many. For instance ROM Hustler doesn't have any under R and I REALLY want RAYMAN and Rollcage on my HTC Desire HD!!

Pro

5. Hordriss

Hordriss Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    I don't think we will see a Saturn emulator. Aside from the fact that the Saturn was a failure, I read somewhere that the Saturn was a complete nightmare to try to emulate because it had a strange hardware setup (but I can't remember the precise details).

6. jirka.h23

jirka.h23 Member
    None

Oct 29, 2010
    Prague
  7. DCUltrapro

None

@Hordriss

regardless of your opinion of the console it was prolific enough to warrant an emulator, it was certainly more successful than the Atari Jaguar for example and until the scum that are Sony came along the Saturn was doing fine and got a lot of the 32bit era titles first, such as Resident Evil and Tomb Raider etc.

Sadly the Massive Marketing Machine that was the Playstation destroyed the gaming industry as we know it, changing it from a hobby to a social statement pretty much over night. But I digress, those are my opinions and I wouldn't let them worry you ;)

Anyway as I was saying the Saturn was more than prolific enough to warrant an emulator, with over 200 titles in the UK alone, let alone how many more were released in the NTSC J region, whatever happened in the West the Saturn carried on being supported until about 2004 or so, it was a ridiculously popular machine in Japan.

I totally agree however, that the Saturn would be very difficult to Emulate, simply because it was innitially intended to be a 2d powerhouse console, but when they found out that the Playstation was on the way with 3d support they hurriedly added a 3d processor which was obviously a big mistake. Regardless I'd be quite keen to play games like Steep Slope Sliders, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Burning Rangers and Dragonforce and Dark Saviour etc on my HTC, that would be awesome.

Pro

shaolin95 likes this.