1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Razr battery question.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stevooo2626, Aug 1, 2012.

1. stevooo2626

stevooo2626 Lurker

Im new here so dont know if this is in the right place but whatever. On my razr if i charge my battery to 100% it will lose 10% battery life within 5 minutes. Everytime i fully charge it always goes down to 90% right away. Other than that the battery life is pretty good. I am using ICS and have the .214 update, if that helps.

2. Daino92

Daino92 Member

When did you get your phone? Did you have to post, or pre ICS update? But I'm pretty sure that's a common thing.

3. stevooo2626

stevooo2626 Lurker

I got my phone about a month ago. I had to update to ICS myself. Losing 10% of your battery with in minutes is a common thing? Is there a fix?

4. CooperLA1

CooperLA1 Member

I would guess the problem is your battery monitor/widget. I would recommend using a battery monitor like the GSam Batter Monitor.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm&hl=en

Lots of other monitors only count by 10% and GSam counts by 1%. When you have a monitor that counts down by 10% as soon as the battery drops below 100% charge it will go down to 90%. So if it is at 99% it will read 90%. 49% would say 40%. Which is why I'd recommend a battery monitor that counts by 1% instead of 10%. Hope this helps!

5. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

Battery Circle is by far the best and does 1% too.

6. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

Battery Circle is by far the best.

7. taxiron1

taxiron1 Well-Known Member

+1 Battery circle
    It uses a very accurate algorithm

8. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert

Assuming you're using the stock battery meter, losing 10% is a normal thing. The meter only shows up in increments of 10% (so it will show 90% when the battery is anywhere between 85% and 95%, I believe). Also, once the battery is fully charged the charging circuit turns off and the battery drains. Once it drops enough, it starts charging again. The upshot is that when you pull it off the charger the phone could be anywhere from 96%-100% charged. So it's only actually dropping a coupe of percentage points, but it's showing up as a 10% drop.

Like the others said, if you start using a different widget (like battery circle) that shows with more precision, you won't have this issue.

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews