• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help razr keeps ringing after turning back on???

suitedup07

Lurker
Dec 23, 2011
This is funny..i picked up razr today and i noticed when my battery went dead, i charged it, turned on the phone, swiped to the right to unlock and then....the phone started ringing for no reason...no call...no message, nada! Whatever ringtone i chose, thats the ring it gave...and it would nt stop untill i locked the phone with the power button??? Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? It happens when the phone goes dead or you manually shut it off. When you turn it back on, unlock it and see what happens....the phone starts ringing like you goy a phone call or message, and it doesnt stop till you lock it again?....anyone? thanks!

thank you....i figured that out..but when i called motorola, they told me that with the screen locks on or off, it shouldn't do that. There model doesn't do that. The sd notifications, on or off, it still keeps ringing. As far as the screen lock, i know its not important to have it on...but i wiuld think for $300, the phone should work in any way, imo...Every black one that i've tried does it. Some of the white ones don't? Weird...

Upvote 0
thank you....i figured that out..but when i called motorola, they told me that with the screen locks on or off, it shouldn't do that. There model doesn't do that. The sd notifications, on or off, it still keeps ringing. As far as the screen lock, i know its not important to have it on...but i wiuld think for $300, the phone should work in any way, imo...Every black one that i've tried does it. Some of the white ones don't? Weird...

The behaviour of your phone is not normal. Have it replaced.

Upvote 0
How do you know its a known bug...moto just came out with an update, didn't they know? So, your telling me if i turn on sd nootifications, that will not happen. I'm sorry but i like the screen clicks...so i leave the lock and unlock on. I looked at this phone, after i bought the the gnex...i bought the gnex and returned it within 4 days because of signal issues and dropping calls...yes dropping calls! The gnex was nice but in all reality, with 5 meg camera. no sd slot, and ofcourse sammys awesome build quality:p and low volume ringers/notifications, I returned it for a droid razr. I think its just the best phone verizon has right now. but I hasd a problem with speaker/ear piece blowing on two of therm, and now this...ringing?? i'm confused....i'm using an iphone and do not ever have these issues! Its just a more stable platform/phone build. I don't know what to do???:thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0
How do you know its a known bug...moto just came out with an update, didn't they know? So, your telling me if i turn on sd nootifications, that will not happen. I'm sorry but i like the screen clicks...so i leave the lock and unlock on. I looked at this phone, after i bought the the gnex...i bought the gnex and returned it within 4 days because of signal issues and dropping calls...yes dropping calls! The gnex was nice but in all reality, with 5 meg camera. no sd slot, and ofcourse sammys awesome build quality:p and low volume ringers/notifications, I returned it for a droid razr. I think its just the best phone verizon has right now. but I hasd a problem with speaker/ear piece blowing on two of therm, and now this...ringing?? i'm confused....i'm using an iphone and do not ever have these issues! Its just a more stable platform/phone build. I don't know what to do???:thinking::thinking:

This was addressed in another forum. I like screen lock sounds, too. It's very simple--just turn on SD card notifications and pick a short sound. When phone first boots up from off, you'll hear the bleep when the SD card is loaded. You'll also hear it when you connect via USB to your computer. The software upgrade did fix this for me--from a regular ring to a short sound even with SD notification sound off. It's really a very minor issue. The RAZR, as a new phone, has been really solid right out of the box. Most devices I've purchased over the years have many more software defects initially.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones