• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Razr looses service

Wifes bone stock Razr, 6 months old and have had nothing but problems with it. Super slow most of the time (not a ram or low memory issue) and now it just randomly looses all service. I can be sitting on my couch and it will go out completely then come back on whenever it feels like it. Is this a known problem with a simple solution or should I just warranty it out? I have already tried a factory reset with no improvement.

Wifes bone stock Razr, 6 months old and have had nothing but problems with it. Super slow most of the time (not a ram or low memory issue) and now it just randomly looses all service. I can be sitting on my couch and it will go out completely then come back on whenever it feels like it. Is this a known problem with a simple solution or should I just warranty it out? I have already tried a factory reset with no improvement.

Do you have the problems when it is in locations other than your house? There are dead spots and spots with erratic coverage from a specific tower. Could this be what you are seeing?

asking other people with Verizon coverage in the same area is about the only place to gain that knowledge. I found that my reports TO the Verizon store was how THEY gained the information.

If it is a hardware problem (including a possibly bad SIM card) the Verizon store should be able to help.

... Thom

... Thom

Upvote 0
I have had this problem as well. It was very common when the Razr was running Gingerbread, and each update has made it slightly better, but never cured it. I think it affects certain folks more than others. Maybe there is a slight difference in hardware that causes it. I read that it had to do with the 4G-3G handoff, but I don't get 4G at my house, so for me it's something different. It always seems to happen when I need service the most... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Shes on Jellybean now tho I think. When it cuts out I loose all service, cant text or make phone calls and brings up a message askig if i want to enable global mode. Its not a location issue as my S3 is just fine. Its possibly a sim issue, guess I will have to get a new card first but the phone is still going to run slow which is the other reason I was gonna swap it out. Tried everything to fix the slowness to no avail, must be a defective phone :/

Upvote 0
Shes on Jellybean now tho I think. When it cuts out I loose all service, cant text or make phone calls and brings up a message askig if i want to enable global mode. Its not a location issue as my S3 is just fine. Its possibly a sim issue, guess I will have to get a new card first but the phone is still going to run slow which is the other reason I was gonna swap it out. Tried everything to fix the slowness to no avail, must be a defective phone :/

I would bet the issues are related. The lag may be because it's working so hard to find a connection with the Sim being screwy. I would definitely go grab a new Sim card and see if it helps...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones