1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Razr looses service

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by VaultBoy, Jun 1, 2013.

1. VaultBoy

VaultBoy Newbie
    None

Mar 15, 2012
    Male
    Automotive Technician
    Lowell, MI
    Wifes bone stock Razr, 6 months old and have had nothing but problems with it. Super slow most of the time (not a ram or low memory issue) and now it just randomly looses all service. I can be sitting on my couch and it will go out completely then come back on whenever it feels like it. Is this a known problem with a simple solution or should I just warranty it out? I have already tried a factory reset with no improvement.

Advertisement

2. VaultBoy

VaultBoy Newbie
    None

Mar 15, 2012
    Male
    Automotive Technician
    Lowell, MI
    Really? Nobody?

3. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert
    None

Oct 27, 2009
    Florida
    Have you talked to Verizon? Perhaps it needs a new SIM card? Calling Verizon from a different phone would be a good place to start.

4. VaultBoy

VaultBoy Newbie
    None

Mar 15, 2012
    Male
    Automotive Technician
    Lowell, MI
    Im going to talk to them tomorrow, maybe try that first. Wont fix the numerous other problems though.

5. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Do you have the problems when it is in locations other than your house? There are dead spots and spots with erratic coverage from a specific tower. Could this be what you are seeing?

asking other people with Verizon coverage in the same area is about the only place to gain that knowledge. I found that my reports TO the Verizon store was how THEY gained the information.

If it is a hardware problem (including a possibly bad SIM card) the Verizon store should be able to help.

... Thom

... Thom

6. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands
    None

Mar 4, 2010
    operator
    upstate NY
    I have had this problem as well. It was very common when the Razr was running Gingerbread, and each update has made it slightly better, but never cured it. I think it affects certain folks more than others. Maybe there is a slight difference in hardware that causes it. I read that it had to do with the 4G-3G handoff, but I don't get 4G at my house, so for me it's something different. It always seems to happen when I need service the most... :rolleyes:

7. VaultBoy

VaultBoy Newbie
    None

Mar 15, 2012
    Male
    Automotive Technician
    Lowell, MI
    Shes on Jellybean now tho I think. When it cuts out I loose all service, cant text or make phone calls and brings up a message askig if i want to enable global mode. Its not a location issue as my S3 is just fine. Its possibly a sim issue, guess I will have to get a new card first but the phone is still going to run slow which is the other reason I was gonna swap it out. Tried everything to fix the slowness to no avail, must be a defective phone :/

8. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands
    None

Mar 4, 2010
    operator
    upstate NY
    I would bet the issues are related. The lag may be because it's working so hard to find a connection with the Sim being screwy. I would definitely go grab a new Sim card and see if it helps...