• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

RAZR MAXX HD OTA rolling out

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    Just got an update to my Droid RAZR MAXX HD and it seems that users across the Droid line of products are getting updates. You can see the support PDF here:
    http://support.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/droidrazrhd.pdf

Others have already received this... but a Google+ post from an hour ago makes it seem like Droid users should be expecting something more:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/111499908439497508351/posts/C67k2ADGAR1

Anyone have more recent OTAs available for download?

The above updates are for 9.18.94.XT926.Verizon.en.US & 9.30.1.XT926.Verizon.en.US

Yep, download is available for my RMHD. I haven't taken it yet though, scared to lose root. Anyone take the update yet? Did you lose or keep root?

I tried accepting the update, but got the "signature verification failed" and broken android screen in CWM. I had to wipe cache to not be stuck in the boot loop.

Now it wants to do the update again but I'm not sure how to get it applied. If anyone could help that would be appreciated! :)

Maybe I need to unfreeze all the bloat in TitaniumBackup?

EDIT: Well unfreezing everything in Titanium didn't work. Got the same error again. Can anyone else help me out with this? I want to apply the update for the HDMI fixes.

EDIT#2: I have also tried using the OTA Rootkeeper application to temporarily unroot and try the update. Still fails. I'm thinking I might have to find the actual file and apply it manually. For now I have frozen the Update app through Titanium.

Upvote 0
    I tried accepting the update, but got the "signature verification failed" and broken android screen in CWM. I had to wipe cache to not be stuck in the boot loop.

Now it wants to do the update again but I'm not sure how to get it applied. If anyone could help that would be appreciated! :)

Maybe I need to unfreeze all the bloat in TitaniumBackup?

EDIT: Well unfreezing everything in Titanium didn't work. Got the same error again. Can anyone else help me out with this? I want to apply the update for the HDMI fixes.

EDIT#2: I have also tried using the OTA Rootkeeper application to temporarily unroot and try the update. Still fails. I'm thinking I might have to find the actual file and apply it manually. For now I have frozen the Update app through Titanium.

Cant you just do a factory reset?

Upvote 0
    used voodoo to ensure root protected, did update, then used voodoo to restore root. verified ok.

what I'd really love to have seen is a camera update like on the newer maxx... :(

Can you let me know if you were running stock 4.1.2? I'm trying to do the update. Do you have an unlocked bootloader? I can't seem to do it with a rooted stock 4.1.2. I keep getting the broken android screen with the exclamation point.

I've also tried the factory data reset like mentioned above.

Upvote 0
    was trying to figure out how to find out how to freeze the update . well figured it out .
    this may help some people that are rooted and don't want to risk loosing root or being flashed like me !!!!
    ok so either download uninstall master (which is free and I love or titanium backup ) this is if your rooted only .. so then open uninstall master after downloading from google play
    then you will have 3 side by side rows 1 apps you downloaded ,
    2 system apps
    3 apps removed(actually only frozen can be restored by checking a box and hitting restore so don't panic)
    find in 2nd row update 4.1.2 and check the box and hit remove (Freeze) . I promise on uninstall master this will only freeze it you can restore it at any point !!!! hope this helps

Reactions: Mountain Flier
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones