1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Razr Maxx headset/speaker jack issue!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bellefromhell, May 1, 2012.

1. bellefromhell

bellefromhell Lurker
    None

May 1, 2012
    So, I got my new Razr Maxx last Friday. While I am somewhat in love with this phone I am having one major issue. I often use the jack to hook up external speakers. However, I have had a couple of incidents were I have for example set up pandora (which now stops playing if you don't do anything with it for a few hours or I've set it to shut down with a timer app) and my alarm won't play through the speakers in the morning. If I unplug it and re-plug it, they work again. However, this is kind of nerve wracking - especially since my house was hit by a tree this past week and I'm staying with friends (and thus do not really have extra things like an extra alarm with me). Anyone else run into this? Is this a settings issue I am totally missing or do I need to start all over again, with yet another phone?

Advertisement

2. arparaspolo

arparaspolo Android Enthusiast
    None

I too have issues with the headphone jack. Although not the same as yours. I plug my phone into my trucks radio via aux cable. I have smart actions set to launch Volume Ace & Slacker. The reason for Volume Ace is that I have profiles with different audio levels so my truck speakers don't get blown out from a call or a text. Anywho, I have my "Truck" profile set to turn the ringer down to 45%, notifications down to 0% with vibrate and voice calls to minimum. Everything works as planned except the voice call volume. It shows it at minimum but when I get a call it is blaring loud. I have to unplug and re plug in the cable. Super annoying. And it isn't Volume Ace either. I have tried two other apps similar to this one. Both with the same effect.