1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Razr Maxx reborn

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gustyfoo, Nov 29, 2012.

1. gustyfoo

gustyfoo Member

Jun 26, 2012
    I was getting a little bored with my phone the other day and decided to take off my otterbox. Turns out the phone without a case is exactly what I wanted. The phone looks amazing without a case and has an awesome solid build. Seems like it has been reborn and once again, I love it. Any similar experiences?

Advertisement

2. Methos1979

Methos1979 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Third rock from the Sun
    I never put a case on mine - it's just too beautiful and the perfect weight and size in it's naked form. Of course I don't leave my phone laying around - it's either in my shirt pocket or in my hand being used. I almost never drop phones or leave them laying around. If you are the type of person that takes care of your stuff then naked is the only way to go.

I had an iPhone for over two years with no protective case and other than a couple scratches on the back it was pristine. After I upgraded to the RHDM I gave my iPhone to my 19-year-old college-student son - it took him all of two weeks to crack the back glass. Tool!

3. arparaspolo

arparaspolo Well-Known Member

I have the holster/case combo from Verizon that has the stand on the back. I take it off every once in a while and it feels like a whole different phone. It is nice to switch it every so often :) Tricks my mind into thinking I am not sticking with the same thing too long which curbs the need/want for a new device. Although, I REALLY REALLY want the Note 2 or GSIII on Verizon.

4. gustyfoo

gustyfoo Member

Jun 26, 2012
    I'm definitely waiting until at least mid-2013 before I'm upgrading. Even the Note2 and SG3 will shortly be outdated. Plus the DRMaxx is still getting updated to Jelly Bean. When Moto releases a Nexus, it will be time to upgrade

5. kingnut

kingnut Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Note 2 resolution sucks. Razr maxx is a solid phone and with jelly bean even better. Note 3 should have way better screen resolution. And ive never used a case. Phone is thick enough the way it is. If i drop it i have insurance.

6. cbreze

cbreze Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Central Oregon
    I had an otter box commuter on it at the beginning,but picked up a sheath style case so when use it , it is "naked" . I much prefer it this way. Some people are very clumsy and probably need a case tho. The pouch/sheath is a good solution for me.

7. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Director of IT
    Cleveland, OH
    I had the original DROID, then the Bionic, and now the RAZR MAXX ... all WITHOUT a case of any type. Frankly, I don't understand the need. But, maybe I'm just lucky ... or careful ... or a mixture of both. ;)

8. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    TN
    Makes a big difference - found my 2 year old chewing on wife's Otterbox-encased RAZR MAXX the other day. Nary a scratch on the phone.

9. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Male
    Oil and gas industry.
    New Orleans
    Use a cruzerlite TPU skin on mine. More than adequate protection with minimal bulk.