• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

razr maxxx announced

As long as the Verizon store will accept people wanting to buy and install the new battery on their old phone, I'll be happy. Don't want to mess with the warranty and do it myself.

I would be shocked if Verizon did so...However, since they sell the battery for the phone,,take it with the phone to the Verizon store and tell them to install it....

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If you trade your Razr in thru Verizon. Its worth 148.00
So there u go.
I have a line that I can upgrade on. I may do that then pay the
remaining 200.00 etf

Wouldn't work for me and many others as the 2-year contract is already in effect and we don't have any more upgrade-eligible line.. and if we are to trade in our Razrs for 148, well we would get that much in credit but then will have to pay the full retail price for whatever phone we get.

I actually don't really want Maxx over my Razr, but definitely would have loved to pay $100 less for the Razr. :)

Upvote 0
Then when you guys get the Maxx and quad core phones come out at the end of the year we will be complaining. The phone technology is fluid and ever changing. I try not to have buyers remorse on phones as I know that as soon as I own it there is a new phone out within a couple months. The Razr, for me, works great and will get me through until my next upgrade..

Exactly.

If I wanted to always have the newest and bestest phone, I would have to buy one every 20 days. Hence, the moment I buy a phone I assume there will be a new one within a month - be it a bigger battery, larger screen, higher resolution, whatever. I just know there will be something new, so I am not bothered.

Upvote 0
Exactly.

If I wanted to always have the newest and bestest phone, I would have to buy one every 20 days. Hence, the moment I buy a phone I assume there will be a new one within a month - be it a bigger battery, larger screen, higher resolution, whatever. I just know there will be something new, so I am not bothered.

Since when has any phone came out with a larger battery? They have all been around 1500-1800 mah stock since the dawn of iPhone this is the first time they have issued a stock non removable battery that would actually last through out the day.

My TBolt would never get me through one day without charging. That is not even a 24 hours mind you, we are talking about it not going from 6 am to 4 pm! This phone will spark a revolution in smart phones and I think many will rethink a small battery

Upvote 0
Since when has any phone came out with a larger battery? They have all been around 1500-1800 mah stock since the dawn of iPhone this is the first time they have issued a stock non removable battery that would actually last through out the day.

My TBolt would never get me through one day without charging. That is not even a 24 hours mind you, we are talking about it not going from 6 am to 4 pm! This phone will spark a revolution in smart phones and I think many will rethink a small battery

Just another phone going one direction or another. There were phones that were much smaller than others, there were ones with big screens, now there is one with a bigger battery. Nothing new. I have been buying cellphones for far too long to be wowed by a large battery.

Upvote 0
Just another phone going one direction or another. There were phones that were much smaller than others, there were ones with big screens, now there is one with a bigger battery. Nothing new. I have been buying cellphones for far too long to be wowed by a large battery.

I am not wowed but it is something these phones have needed for a long time now and someone finally did it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
November? They're supposed to be out in the spring.

The rumor back in November was Q1 or Q2 of 2012 for the HTC Edge:
HTC Edge: First Quad-Core Phone Revealed (Images)

Latest rumors is that it will be announced at the Mobile World Congress in late February.

we will see....this "...The 4.7-inch Edge will allegedly be slightly over ten millimeters thick..." makes me wonder at what point do we start just strapping our pc's to our back with cooling fans for these things :eek:...I think the Razr is about 7?

I will wait for the 8 core, internal liquid cooled, Diehard battery powered, 32 inch plasma cell phone to come out,

Upvote 0
Yea 10 mm is nothing. That's actually thin for an htc phone :)
-
From the description the htc edge sounds like a refined and thinner rezound. Wonder what switching to nv tegra 3 will do to their LTE performance as it will be a new SOC.
-
Hum. Interesting. Though to be honest I think they should switch to an OLED screen.

Upvote 0
Smaller. The Tegra 3 actually has five cores...four for heavy processing and one small, very-low-power processor for all of the simple background tasks that your phone is doing most of the time. So, it should actually be more efficient.

Then why is it dual core phones have such crappy battery life? Dual cores were supposed to be more efficient too. So much for that BS.

Upvote 0
Because dual cores don't have a third, very-low-power core to run all of the background stuff that your phone is typically doing. They are using one or both of the big high-power cores.

Quad-Core Phones: What to Expect in 2012 | PCWorld

Interesting read...the phones will basically be mini desktops and perform like them. I wonder what the entry level cost will be on these things. Given the problems that most all of the lte phones have experiences, hopefully they will have the software bugs worked out by my next upgrade.

Upvote 0
Because dual cores don't have a third, very-low-power core to run all of the background stuff that your phone is typically doing. They are using one or both of the big high-power cores.

Buuuuuut single core phones don't have the ability to throttle back anything, yet have substantially better battery management.

My point is dual cores were supposed to be better on battery life than they are. So don't hold your breath for quad core magic until you see it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones