1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Razr owners: Best to wait

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rushmore, Apr 17, 2012.

1. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

28nm 4g is expected by late summer. The Razr is more than fine as a bridge until then. Even for the more compulsive techies.

IMO makes no sense jumping from the Razr unless a better and more power efficient 4g chip. Even if a Razr Maxx HD with a built in back scratcher.

jroc likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. F150FAN

F150FAN Well-Known Member

That was my thoughts as well. If Moto plans on using the S4 in their upcoming devices like the rumors have stated, as well as those benchmarks floating around, I would be very open to this change. The S4 looks to be a bit of a powerhouse without using much power.

3. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

ok im not all up on the processor jive that is with android here lately, whats the deal with the S4?

4. chris4x4

chris4x4 Android Enthusiast

wait a min.......Did someone say "Back scratcher"?

5. rushmore

A back scratcher would be compelling.

6. Skeeter125

Skeeter125 Android Enthusiast

s4 has lte on chip which should help tremendously with battery life since current processors have 2 separate chips which is why battery sucks

7. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

I'm holding out for the onboard coffee maker...

8. chris4x4

chris4x4 Android Enthusiast

I presume That would be the RAZR venti maxx?

Insert BA dum dum pish here

9. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

There is nothing on the market ATM that is worth considering anyway

10. jroc

jroc Android Expert

I agree. If I can hold out.... my next phone will have hopefully VoLTE, newer LTE tech, whichever upcoming dual or quad core thats good or better on battery life. I want Amoled screens now. LCD just isnt doing it for my anymore.

I can deal with a non removable battery....dont know about non removable storage.

Whats even wilder....I also have a Rezound...and I might wanna get rid of it for a Bionic...lol.

I miss the FM Radio. That and the Rezound just isnt doing it for me and had some issues that has me on Rezound #2...that has the exact same issues. After screen sharpness...which isnt even that big of a factor to me, for me... I dont really like it. Maybe if I didnt have issues it would be better for me.

11. rushmore

Well, the Razr is water resistant ;)

My next dream device (not too comfy VZW will have it though)

1. S4 28nm LTE
    2. 720p amoled
    3. micro sd slot
    4. FM radio
    5. Global
    6. 1gb ram
    7. 16gb (at least internal)
    8. Webtop (nice option IMO)
    9. Non fixed battery
    10. 4.7" with thin bezel (due to ICS nav bar taking up display space)

I can go without the FM, Webtop and even the fixed battery- if a large battery, but keys are 28nm..... and the other stuff too.

Added: As far as ICS, I have noticed that besides some touch issues with the Gnex, the nav bar on the smaller display (compared to tablets) makes game emulators just about unplayable. They work well on the Razr, but less chance of pressing the nav buttons on the Razr.

12. narayanan9190

narayanan9190 Android Enthusiast

IF a device with such specs comes out, it will be THE device,,,billion dollar question...will it ?

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews