1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Razr/Verizon combo case/Verizon nav doc combo?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by katoom400, Nov 11, 2011.

1. katoom400

katoom400 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    got the razr today along with the nav doc and the verizon (face in) case and holster combo. the dock has a removable insert to allow for the phone to fit with a case installed, however with the case on and this insert removed from the dock, the phone is very sloppy in there... has anyone else noticed this problem with the case/nav dock combo?

on my droid 3 these all worked together nicely...that's why I bought them again for the Razr.

I guess I can wait for a holdster like my OG droid had..clip in without a case on the phone..and just use the dock with the insert...

Advertisement

2. gozierdt

gozierdt Lurker
    None

Nov 11, 2011
    I noticed the same thing. I wasn't that happy with that case anyway, so I switched to the silicone cover. Fits much better in the nav dock, and feels better in my hand. On/off and volume button use feels better with the silicone cover also.

3. Highland Ranger

Highland Ranger Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 22, 2010
    Same here - very loose fit.

And as I just said in another thread, I would prefer the X2 style clip on a naked phone. Its a shame to cover this thing.

4. menmyjeep

menmyjeep Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    Male
    Midwest
    Will the silicone cover work with the HD Home Dock as well? Has anyone tried this? I am not sure if the ports on the home dock are long enough to work with a silicone cover?

5. breedingh8

breedingh8 Lurker
    None

Apr 17, 2011
    Link for the silicon cover you got? I've tried several cases and can't get one to work on the nav dock.

6. budwizer

budwizer Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Working
    The silicone case does not work with the HD Dock. As you noted the prongs for the dock are just a bit too short to make sufficient contact.

The Sleeve/Holster case does work with the HD Dock. Didn't think I'd actually like the sleeve however it is actually very nice and adds about the same thickness as the silicone case. Plus I have a holster clip I can use at work if I choose.