• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rc1 rc2 rsl themes...

if I get a lets say rc1 theme, should it run ok with an rc2 rom? can anybody brake it down to me please.... :thinking:

in theory, it should work cuz its the same rom, BUT it would all depend on what was changed in the Rom after the theme was made....if they were minor bug fixes, fixing wifi, speed tweeks, etc....then it should work...but if they changed, widgets (or added more) changed clocks, changed battery icons, changed rosie, etc....then it may not work...its kind of like a shot in the dark...i've flashed different versions version number themes for the Kings Unleashed R5 Rom and they worked just fine....but when i tried doing the same thing with the Kinged Alliance and Kinged Shooter Roms, it wouldnt work...i always had some type of force close, mainly the status bar, or i had widgets and icons not showing up on the screen...id just make a nandroid and give it a try....:D

I know granite1 and xtremedays do work in themes/mods so if one of them comes in they could probly provide more info on it or correct what I said ....

Reactions: 350zx6r and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones