• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

rca pro 10 tablet

I spent many unsuccessful hours but finally found an app that requires no pc and gives full root permission.....download 4shared in playstore, make account, and search for KingRoot....install and follow directions. ..WORKS 100 PERCENT! !!

I got 2of the new of the rca pro 10 edition with the 1.5 GHz quad core m/n rct6203w46 the easyist way to root it is plug it in your PC let it download the drivers download pdanet on your PC see if there's more drivers 4 it download Kingo root set tab to USB debuging open kingo root plug in tab to USB kingo root will find it click root it will go through a few steps it will ask if u have a special kernal choose other opt it will restart tab few times and it will say its rooted and install super su if not click root again then it should be rooted restart tab after it says rooted keep attached to PC it will say root status yes then should be 2 options remove root and root again hope this helps you guys who bought the new one on black Friday :) big plus it never deleted Aney apps app data pics music ect and you don't need SD chip for it

Attachments

• 1418199836430.jpg
    1418199836430.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 961
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I spent many unsuccessful hours but finally found an app that requires no pc and gives full root permission.....download 4shared in playstore, make account, and search for KingRoot....install and follow directions. ..WORKS 100 PERCENT! !!
I did this and got a screen that was in Chinese. Since I am not fluent in Cantonese or Mandarin I could not procede. Any way to translate?

Upvote 0
I did this and got a screen that was in Chinese. Since I am not fluent in Cantonese or Mandarin I could not procede. Any way to translate?

Yeh, being fluent in technical Chinese does help sometimes with these things. If you're unsure of what it says, don't proceed.

If you need some translation done, post some screenshots.

Upvote 0
Okay...downloaded PDAnet into my Windows pc. Got nothing...no root!
Took about 10mins. to run, and it failed. Still stuck with "dissabled" apps I can't uninstall! Grrr!
This is the first Android device I've ever owned that I can't root!!!

Update...got it rooted with Kingroot. It works with no fc's!
Now to find TWRP recovery for it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've looked too. So far nothing! This tablet has MTK8127 chipsets. Kingroot works on MTK devices without issue. XDA Devs have a post where you can get TWRP recovery.
Root & recovery is all we have right now. RCA hasn't made the source code available to make custom roms from!
(MAKE SURE YOU RENAME IT TO recover.img BEFORE FLASHING OR YOU'LL BOOTLOOP YOUR DEVICE!)

Also make sure you do a complete nandroid backup ASAP after rooting.

Upvote 0
I've looked too. So far nothing! This tablet has MTK8127 chipsets. Kingroot works on MTK devices without issue. XDA Devs have a post where you can get TWRP recovery.
Root & recovery is all we have right now. RCA hasn't made the source code available to make custom roms from!
(MAKE SURE YOU RENAME IT TO recover.img BEFORE FLASHING OR YOU'LL BOOTLOOP YOUR DEVICE!)

Also make sure you do a complete nandroid backup ASAP after rooting.

Go howling at TCL or whomever about that, they're sometimes not that good at complying with the GPL in the PRC. But then on the other hand, MTK devices are often not good things for custom ROM developments, because of draconian Mediatek NDAs that manufacturers have to comply with AFAIK. and so source code for certain drivers and kernel modules that you might need to build a ROM are just not available.

Upvote 0
I was trying to load art uverse on mine, kept getting message saying I had the wrong version of android.. Downloaded kingroot, and without a computer, rooted my tablet. Got rid of all the bloatware, and now half a dozen programs are working fine.

Thanks for the help!!

Upvote 0
Reactions: smartmanvartan
Upvote 0
Hey sso ui know its been forever since this thread started but I need help and you all are very tech savvy it seems. I got the viking pro 10 with lollipop already on it. There is anew firmware update but every time I do it it gives an error screen which says that a file has unexpected contents and that the update aborted. Please help. Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones