1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Rca rct6077w22

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wildfire923, Dec 29, 2013.

1. wildfire923

wildfire923 Lurker
    None

Nov 17, 2012
    I have a friend that bought 3 of these for her kids for Christmas. They are all having storage issues, as being kids, they like their games. They just also got each one a 32Gb card, but they haven't found a way to be able to put the games on the cards. Isn't that the whole point of an SD card? They are running 4.1. These can be found on the RCA website, it's the model # listed in the title.

I have a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, and running 4.2.2 and have no problems with storage (also an 8GB device), put a 4GB card in and transferred an app to it with no issue.

We'd both like to know what's going on with these, and why hers are being so difficult. I'm sure there are a ton of difference in specs, and price I'm sure is also an object.

Thanks for any input anyone has.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    When you transfer an app to the SD card, part of the app (and the app's data and a few other things) stay in internal storage. (It's like installing a Windows program to drive D - it still takes some space on C.) The SD card is basically for data storage - pictures, videos, music - not apps.

One thing you can do is get a good backup program, one that can back up to the SD card. Back up any app you won't be using for a while, clear its data and cache and uninstall it. That'll free up space for another app.

3. jtwilson

jtwilson Lurker
    None

Jun 30, 2014
    Male
    Retired
    Tracy Ca
    My girlfriend has a RCA RCT6077W22 I'm wondering if I can download Microsoft Office on tablet