1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

RCMIX 1.3 with sense 3.5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rhod, Sep 7, 2011.

1. rhod

rhod Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried out the new RCMIX 1.3 yet? downloading it now so I can see what sense 3.5 is like. If anyone has found any bugs then please let me know!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. denialnw10

denialnw10 Guest

Been running it for a few days now... It's the first time I have rooted and I am really happy with the results!

No major issues at all! And it's still quite new. The animations make it worth it! Cant believe it all runs so well on this nearly 1-year-old DHD!!! :D

3. lfcwiggo

lfcwiggo Member

Hi

Can you point me to a link if possible please?

Wiggo

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

lfcwiggo likes this.
  5. lfcwiggo

lfcwiggo Member

6. beano4444

beano4444 Newbie

Hi Guys, thought I'd post this question here instead of a new thread. i want to root my dhd and put sense 3.5 on it. what i need is a step by step guide from the beginning. Can anyone help,or provide a link.

thanks guys

7. El Presidente

VIP Member

8. beano4444

beano4444 Newbie

Wow, that looks extremely complicated. Do i have to do it all?

9. El Presidente

VIP Member

It's not actually that difficult. If you take out the backup stuff, there aren't many adb commands and the rest is pretty much one click stuff on the handset itself or a PC.

You'll get plenty of help on here when/if you decide to go for it.

10. tomashley

tomashley Lurker

11. El Presidente

VIP Member

Sorry for taking a while to respond!

It doesn't look like it recommends one in the thread on XDA although from a few sigs of folk that have posted in the thread, 26.09.04.11_M2 seems to work fine with it.

12. beano4444

beano4444 Newbie

I cant seem to find the download link for this

13. El Presidente

VIP Member

14. beano4444

beano4444 Newbie

Thanks El Presidente. I can get to that bit but can't find where the download is if you know what I mean

15. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Follow El Pres's link and then scroll down - you should see "IF YOU MIRROR POST THE LINK ON THE OTHER LOCATION (you help us if you put them there)" just below that there is a link "RCMix Runny v3.1 - Multiupload (Rom wipes, needed)" - click on the link and it takes you to the download (I think)... if not, then in the reply below the post that El Pres linked, there is a further couple of links :)

EDIT - it looks like, when I copied the text from the XDA website, it has copied the link too... click on "RCMix Runny v3.1" above and that should sort you out (I think)

16. beano4444

beano4444 Newbie

Ahhh i see, i have found it. Thanks guys. What is ROM wipes. Sorry i'm new to all this!
    "If you get FC's wipe clean sdcard reflash, and DO NOT RESTORE THINGS"

17. El Presidente

VIP Member

No need to apologise, the instructions aren't very clear.

I think what's meant is that on install, the ROM will wipe the various partitions it needs to. Not sure why you'd need to clear out your SD Card for FC's though....

If you can hang fire, I'll look into the thread later, see if I can decipher anything. However, if you want to go for it, this will probably sort you out:

(Before you start, install Titanium Backup btw, it will backup all the apps and data associated with your handset.)

1. Open Titanium, hit Menu -> More -> Create Update.zip
    2. You want Edify, User Application & Call it Titanium XXX.zip, then hit create
    3. Place the main RCMix3D_Runny_vX.X.zip on the root of your SD Card.
    4. Open ROM Manager, look at the top option, if the current recovery isn't ClockworkMod 5.0.2.0, hit Flash Clockwork Mod Recovery. If you get a prompt to chose your handset, it should hopefully be an easy choice. Let it do its thing.
    5. Still in ROM Manager, press "Reboot into Recovery", after a 30 seconds or so, your phone will boot into clockwork.
    6. You'll need to use the Volume Keys to navigate the different menus, and the power button to select, scroll down to Backup & Restore and take a backup of your current ROM (I cannot stress how important this is). It may take anything up to 10 minutes.
    7. Once completed, head to the "Mounts and Storage" menu and from there, individually format the system, data & cache partitions. You'll need to confirm each one which can be annoying, but it will hopefully stop mistakes. Don't format the boot partition. Don't reboot.
    8. Head back into the main menu in clockwork and select Wipe Data/Factory Reset (Again, you'll need to confirm).
    9. Once completed, select "Install Zip from SD Card"
    10. Scroll down to the RCMix3D_Runny_vX.X.zip and select, again confirm. This will install RCMix3D on your device.
    11. Head back to the main menu, then select Install Zip from SD Card and choose the titanium zip you created at the start of the process.
    12. Head back to the main menu, select reboot now. 1st reboot should take 10 or so minutes.
    13. Read this to see about restoring your apps and data etc.

18. beano4444

beano4444 Newbie

Ok, so i've rooted, and installed the rom (clever me). I followed the instructions for titanium back up but i seem to be having some troubles restoring my data. Can anyone help please

19. El Presidente

VIP Member

What issues are you having?

20. beano4444

beano4444 Newbie

After installing RCMix3D_Runny_v3.1.zip, the phone automatically rebooted, so i booted into recovery, installed titanium zip rebooted the phone and none of my apps or data are there

21. El Presidente

VIP Member

Yeah, all that does is install titanium, so it's there for you to restore your apps as soon as you boot into your new ROM. You have to manually back up your apps using titanium before you flash, I take it you didn't do that? My fault, I should've added that in to the process, apologies.

If you've not backed your apps up, your best bet would be to head back into clockwork, backup your current setup, then once completed, restore your previous ROM. Reboot back into the OS, run Titanium and backup your apps and data. Reboot back into clockwork, restore the RCMix ROM, then restore your apps and data with titanium.

Does that all make sense?

22. beano4444

beano4444 Newbie

Ah after looking at my phone it still has all the pics etc... just the apps that i don;t have. Not too bothered about that tbh. I can just re download.

Thanks for all your help

23. beano4444

beano4444 Newbie

1 more question.Do i need to keep the zip file on my SD card as i could really use the space. And would i be able to just replace the SD card with a larger one without having to do anything else regarding the root

24. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Feel free to delete the Rom.zip, yeah. The only file you ought to keep on there is a backup of your current Rom, in case you ever mess something up and the phone won't boot.

You can change sdcards too, yes.

25. El Presidente

VIP Member

Just fired this on this morning along with Lords sense kernel and a Killersloth UV script. For a Sense based ROM, I'm very impressed so far.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews