1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root RCMix3D Runny v4.0

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pep, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Pep

Pep Android Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2011
    Qld, Australia
    Hi all.

Until I get CM7 sorted I'm going back to RCMix3D Runny v4.0.

Would running LorDmods kernel help with battery life or will that just screw things up?

Still learning wat roms/flashing/kernels all mean and how they play part with each other :eek::eek:

Pep

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    LorDmods kernel is designed for AOSP ROMs like CM7 or MIUI so it wouldn't work with anything Sense related. He does have a Sense kernel linked in his signature though.

Your best best for a Sense kernel is potentially the LeeDroid kernel. Although I'm pretty sure he's not had much time to update of late.

What exactly is it you're stuck with? Does any of the stuff I put in this help at all? If not, let me know and I'll do my best to explain.

3. Pep

Pep Android Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2011
    Qld, Australia
    Yes that helps a great deal, I must read all of that a couple of times tho!!!!

Not really stuck on anything too much, just a big learning curve.

Thank you so much for all your help

Pep

4. CDPlant

CDPlant Android Expert
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Essex, UK
    Lordmods nctsense kernel is what you're after I believe, as El p said you can find the link in his signature on xda

5. chaps1976

chaps1976 Lurker
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    I have just moved moved from CM7 to RCMix3D and Im using the stock kernal and all running fast and smooth and impressed with battery life for a Sense based rom.

Still got my CM7 backed up if decide to go back but enjoying this rom lot more then I expected and can see advantages more so then with other sense based roms such as ARHD which is very close to a stock rom.

Actually the only issue I've had with CM7 (other than having to use older version of flash player) was that while making phone calls the sensor to shut off keppad when phone too ear was very erratic and would get randoms vibrations and tones during phone calls.

edit. Just thought mention using OPB runny blue theme which is really cool and probably one of the reassons have not falshed back to CM7 as yet