1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support re a problem connecting to my laptop

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by reble, Dec 19, 2013.

1. reble

reble Android Enthusiast

Sep 1, 2012
    Male
    retired
    Kennewick Wa
    I just got this ZTE n9510 Warp 4g phone today. I am trying to move my phone list from the Kyocera Hydro (old phone) to the new ZTE Phone. The hydro phone is rooted and talking to the laptop just fine. But I can't get the ZTE to talk to the laptop via the usb cable. When I plugged in the usb cable for the 1st time I followed the instructions in the manual to install the drivers from the ZTE to my laptop. That completed fine. When I touch "connect to pc" in the phone settings I get the menu connect to pc, media device, camera. When I put the phone in "connect to pc software" I see the phone drive letter on my laptop but I can't open the drive. I put the phone on ether media device or camera in the phone, the drive letter for the phone in the laptop goes away. I am stumped. I had no problems connecting the hydro phone to the laptop the 1st time. OOOO other then the ZTE not talking to the laptop the phone works fine otherwise. I could use some help please.

A ps win7 is seeing the phone when the phone is in the "connect to pc software" mode as if the phone is a cd-rom drive with ether a blank or no cd in the drive. A thought I am woundering if the 2gb flash card I put is ether bad or needing to be formated?

Steve

Advertisement

2. reble

reble Android Enthusiast

Sep 1, 2012
    Male
    retired
    Kennewick Wa
    Well I managed to fix the wifi tether problem without any help. no thanks to anyone.

3. Odin89

Odin89 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 22, 2013
    Male
    Retail
    heart of tx
    Wifi connetions both wireless and via usb tether have already been figured out. Read forums for wifi tether by jsp all things root......

Tags: