• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Re-add Gmail Account Issue

topp

Lurker
Jul 1, 2011
Okay my wife told me today that for some reason most of her contacts suddenly got deleted off her phone. Then tells me that she removed her gmail account from it several months ago. So I went to add it back in, accounts & syncs, where I keep getting an error "503 80304: Password and username you entered did not authenticate with your email provider. Please try again". I have tried to clear the data on Gmail, Google backup transport, Google Calendar Sync, Google Contacts Sync, Google Partner Setup. I also then noticed that her Android Market doesn't open up anymore. Granted she still had the old version. And for some reason her Navigation seems to be missing.

I would appreciate any input on how to fix these issues.

The only other thing I did install Amazon's market on it today. But can't see how that effected it.

Thanks,
Topp

Update: I ended up reseting her phone yesterday. Was able to link her gmail account to her phone, using the gmail app. What was odd is I still couldn't add gmail to her default email program. I got the same error I did before. But as soon as I tried to go to the google market, it asked form the credentials this time, which I gave and it worked fine. But odd that I couldn't add it to the default email. So far it isn't effecting her, because she didn't use it anyways. But any input/guess on a possible solution.

Thanks,
Topp

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones