1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Re-Arrange Pixel 2 screen furniture.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CLINT_FLICK, Oct 24, 2019.

1. CLINT_FLICK

CLINT_FLICK Lurker

Hi
    This may be tricky to explain without a screenshot, but......

Pixel 2

The screen has a triangle, circle and a square (very Play School) along the bottom.
    Immediately above is a Google something or other that is always opening to try and help me.

I want to REMOVE (or just move) IT.

If I want to search, I have FireFox and DuckDuckGo.

Advertisement

2. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

hi - you mean the google search box thing on home screen? yeah i hate that ... but to remove it you will need to use a different launcher/home screen . Nova is the best one :)

PitCarver, GameTheory, Hadron and 3 others like this.
  3. CLINT_FLICK

CLINT_FLICK Lurker

4. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, CLINT_FLICK!

As already noted, you're going to need a different launcher. Nova is a fine choice, but I prefer ADW Launcher 2. I have the paid version, and it's very versatile and customizable.

PitCarver and Hadron like this.
  5. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

ah yes ADW ... used to use that before nova ...is it out of dev now?

6. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

ADW had a bunch of updates last year, not so much since. Still works on my phone (I mainly use Nova, but like to have alternatives to play with).

And yeah, the Google search bar is one of the main reasons I'd never use the Pixel launcher. As I've said elsewhere, if I wanted some corporation to decide what I must have on my home screen I'd buy an iPhone (in fact in some ways I find the Google search bar worse than anything Apple do - I would never own a phone where I could not get rid of something like that).

#6 Hadron, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    dan55 and MoodyBlues like this.
  7. MoodyBlues

VIP Member

No, not at all! If you follow its link I posted you can check out its features.

Its last update was a year ago, but it works perfectly fine for me as it is.

You can also visit their website.

dan55 likes this.
  8. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

cool thanks guys .... just came across this new one (to me) call Hyperion ..... looks pretty cool imo
    cheers

....only negative so far is that it doesnt seem to have unread badge count :/

#8 dan55, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  9. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

adw2 seems good too ... does it have the lock screen gesture? ie using accessiblity setting ... cant see it ... or is it pro?
    ta

.....find the config a bit confusing ..... and not sure yet about the pro cost .... back to nova for now ...safe :)

#9 dan55, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  10. MoodyBlues

VIP Member

I'm not sure. I've only used its paid version, first with the original ADW 1 and now with ADW 2. I don't use accessibility settings, but I know that ADW lets you add gestures.
    Whatever you're happy with! But I must say that ADW's settings--which can look overwhelming, because it's so versatile--are laid out very logically. So you might want to play around with it to get more of an idea of what it can do. Its cost is well worth it--to me. YMMV. :)

dan55 likes this.
  11. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

cool cheers - ive got it loaded so will prob rotate back to it v soon :)

12. MoodyBlues

VIP Member

Great! Have fun exploring its many features. It's been several months since I finally switched to ADW 2 (from ADW 1), and I'm still finding new stuff all the time!

Take a look at this thread for some examples of things you can do with it.

dan55 likes this.
  13. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

14. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

hi .... can adw do lock screen action (ie turn off screen)? .. cant see it listed - in nova can do t his when tab home button
    thanks

...and unread count for texts ... and alos third party email apps?

#14 dan55, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  15. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

ADW Settings, Icon Appearance, Labels. That's how you set up unread counts.

Don't know about a lock screen action but I didn't know Nova could do that either - I just use the power button for that (my screen locks the moment it powers off, since it's so little hassle to unlock with a fingerprint).

dan55 likes this.
  16. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

ah ok cool - thanks for the info

Google Pixel 2 Forum

The Google Pixel 2 release date was October 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 835 processor, and 2700mAh battery.

October 2017
Release Date
Reviews