1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General RE: Asurion replacements

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndroidFlip, May 6, 2011.

1. AndroidFlip

AndroidFlip Newbie
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    hey guys,

i had my phone stolen yesterday (thunderbolt). i'm just curious to know, if any of you guys have received new phones as replacements from asurion? i was about to remove insurance from my plan, and just glad i didnt.

Advertisement

2. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    THink right now you have a 50/50 chance of one or the other. Just luck of the draw. some people say they got a new phone and others have gotten a refurb one.

AndroidFlip likes this.
  3. AndroidFlip

AndroidFlip Newbie
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Thanks, I do know the contract agreement with asurion, so just looking out there what people have been getting. Thanks again.

4. sean76

sean76 Android Expert
    None

May 5, 2010
    THE BOSS
    NYC
    Most likely a refurb at this stage of the game. Usually within like the first month of a phone being out you'll get a new one, at this point prob a refurb. But that's not a terrible thing, they're all tested and worked on to make sure everything is working correctly. So I wouldn't worry to much at all.

5. neoterixx64

neoterixx64 Newbie
    None

May 5, 2011
    I would say that it was lost, beacuse if its stolen you have to go and get (pay) for a police report.

6. mcgeorge36

mcgeorge36 Lurker
    None

May 6, 2011
    I actually had to replace my thunderbolt a few weeks who, and I did get a brand new phone from asurion. Not saying that they don't have any refurbished ones in stock, but they may not have many. It went pretty quick and didn't take long for me to get it. Good luck.

7. thorthunderblt

thorthunderblt Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    Ur mom
    Ur moms bed

I lost a phone like 2 years ago and had to get a police report and it didnt cost me anything. Y would it cost u money to get a report? The pain in the arse part was getting in touch with a cop.

Anyways i wouldnt tell them that it was stolen either it just inherits more steps to get ur phone back.

8. neoterixx64

neoterixx64 Newbie
    None

May 5, 2011
    It's not so much the cost of getting the report. Its the pain to go down to the police station (esp. in NYC they are overworked) and filling out a whole report.

BTW Thor what is the status of your bolt? Did the insurance company replace it?