1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Re-Branding my Telus HTC Desire Back

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gordongartrell, Feb 2, 2011.

1. gordongartrell

Hey guys. I currently own a unbranded and unlocked Telus HTC Desire. I use it on Rogers. Recently, I found a bunch of dust inside the screen. After contacting HTC, they told me to contact Telus about getting it repaired under warranty. Since my phone is debranded (ITS NOT ROOTED), will Telus repair the phone? If not, is their a way to "re-brand" the phone back to Telus?

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. moe3754

moe3754 Well-Known Member

3. EddyOS

EddyOS Android Expert

4. gordongartrell

5. gordongartrell

Hmmmm. i Keep on getting a "ERROR [140]BOOTLOADER VERSION ERROR" when I try and run the RUU. What am I doing wrong?

6. Juint

Juint Newbie

Hmmm, interesting.

If I flash back to the Telus rom, will I still need a gold card as it was originally a Telus phone?

7. EddyOS

EddyOS Android Expert

No you won't but if you're on a newer HBOOT then the Telus update it'll fail. In that instance you could try a gold card but don't know if it'd work

8. warrenb

warrenb Lurker

I'm trying to reinstall this RUU myself and I also get the same error message. I currently have the HTC RUU installed (2.29.405.2).

Has anybody tried zipping this RUU, rename it PB99IMG.zip, copy to the SD card and install from there rather than from Windows computer? Or, is there a way to change the bootloader to the appropriate version?

9. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews