1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Re-enable home key double tap?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aperture, Dec 21, 2011.

1. aperture

aperture Lurker

After updating to 2.3.6 today I am no longer able to double tap my home key to bring up voice command. Is there anyway to re-enable that feature? I thought it was pretty sweet :\ I did a little googling but didn't find much aside from this thread on the tmobile forums about it where they assumed (incorrectly I suspect, I'm on ATT and have the same issue) that it was a carrier update issue.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rtg

rtg Newbie

I have 2.3.5 and double tapping the home key does not bring up the voice command function.

Rob

3. spikeithard

spikeithard Android Expert

i never had that feature out of the box anyways... it sucks

thanks ROGERS.:mad:

haha I dont care... I have a voice command icon on my main page so its a not a big deal. plus voice command is usually crappy.

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

Haha...I did not even know it did that. I have always just long pressed the search button

5. missy1e23

missy1e23 Lurker

I'm having this problem too. I thought it was some app I might have downloaded so I reset my phone. My double home-key double tap still didn't work. I'm on t-mobile. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for an answer. If you find out any answers, please post it here. I'll do the same.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1850mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews