1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root re: gingerbread and rooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sp33dy69, Jul 18, 2011.

1. sp33dy69

sp33dy69 Lurker
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    Hi Guys/ Girls,

First of all sorry for the stupid question im an absolute noob to this, been at this all of yesterday and today its driving me mad!

Ive just brought a HTC Desire HD from amazon offline which is unlocked to all networks, ive been trying to root it using visionary plus but when im going through the temp rooting procedure i get to screen that says "please wait, whilst rooting" and then the screen goes black! Ive left it for 20mins now and its stil black! nothing happens at all, ive followed all the tutorials on youtube but mine just doesnt seem to play ball.

Any ideas as to what it is and what im doing wrong, will I need to use gingerbread as every video ive watched talks about having a gingerbread device?

Im on the following versions:

2.33 android version
    2.36.405 software number

Advertisement

2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Work to live, not the other way round!!
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    Hi there and welcome to the forums!

Check this thread out - http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-all-things-root/354749-how-root-install-custom-rom-desire-hd.html - it should help you and explain what you need to do... I won't go in to detail (as it's all in there), but it is not possible to root using Visionay when on Gingerbread. You need to downgrade first and then root using visionary.

Hope you manage to get there... any problems, then feel free to ask!! :)

sp33dy69 likes this.
  3. Dixi1801

Dixi1801 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 8, 2011
    Rotherham
    welcome to the forums from me also!

just follow the guide posted above this, its worth the hassle, i promise! downgrading and s-off were the best things i ever did with my phone! posting here was a smart choice too, people are always ready to help!

sp33dy69 likes this.