1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

RE: help me

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mastermindGH, Sep 7, 2011.

1. mastermindGH

mastermindGH Lurker

pls, anybody out there who can help me fix this voicecall issue on my n900 running gingerbread 2.3...pls

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Tangent

Tangent Android Enthusiast

Umm, could you be more specific?

3. mastermindGH

mastermindGH Lurker

i cant hear the other person on the line, likewise can the person hear me...aside that, i seem not to be able to play songs with it...

4. Tangent

Tangent Android Enthusiast

I'm more confused than before... You have a voicemail issue where you can't hear the other person, they can't hear you (do you mean your voicemail greeting?), and you can't play music?

B2L likes this.
  5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Welcome to AF! :)

As far as I'm aware, the n900 doesn't natively run Android? Maybe it's a fault in the software, are there alternative/newer versions you can try? It could also be a hardware issue. Has it just started doing it since you installed Android or has it always been like that?

6. mastermindGH

mastermindGH Lurker

i tried both the nitdroid and the gingerbread, but still the same result...when i make a normal voice call, i dont hear the other person on the line talk, likewise can the other person hear me...it is totally silent. i hear there is a fix to that but i dont know how to go about it, and also any music file i open it gives me an error sayin "file format not supported". pls if any body can sort me out i will b so gr8ful...and also if anyone knows abount a froyostone version for n900 that i can try and how to go about installing it...thanks a lot

7. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

What file format are the audio files? Just normal MP3? You could try installing another music player, winamp or power amp?

If the problem exists after trying 2 different versions, it might suggest a hardware issue. Was it working properly before you installed Android and was running Maemo?