1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Re-install OS: 2.3.4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by maximusBollox, Dec 2, 2011.

1. maximusBollox

maximusBollox Lurker
    None

Dec 2, 2011
    Hello all,

I have a rooted admire and was getting a little crazy with titanium backup. Basically i removed a bunch of 'stuff' and one (or more) must have been pretty stupid to remove because now i'm losing functionality. I removed the sync feature and now i'm unable to visit the marketplace which makes it really difficult to download aps, use facebook or email contacts, etc.

I tried a factory reset for the heck of it but it got me no where. I was going to just say screw it and reinstall the OS v2.3.4 but i can't seem to find a download for it.

Does anyone know where i can get a fresh install for v2.3.4?

thank you!

Advertisement

2. GTK313

GTK313 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 25, 2011
  3. maximusBollox

maximusBollox Lurker
    None

Dec 2, 2011
    lol yeah i was reading about hat 2.3.6 update and think i'll stay away. I have phone, text, and internet now so that'll work. :)

thanks for the quick reply... i can't believe a linux based OS isn't out there somewhere for download! Stupid google :)

4. imannjr007

imannjr007 Lurker
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    hello max,
    i probably did something similar to what you did. i downloaded a app to save the battery, since it uses up so quick, and it recommended to stop certain things, which id did. it lost the market also. the prob with mine, which i bought at Walmart, is u have no technical support.. which sucks. i guess we just have to be careful what we eliminate at this point. good luck

5. maximusBollox

maximusBollox Lurker
    None

Dec 2, 2011
    Yeah i learned my lesson! I basically am just going to leave it the way it is for now. I've heard of an available update (2.3.6?) but also heard that it'll break data connectivity. My solution: Wait until feb 2012, when, rumor has it, HTC will produce a new 4g phone for MetroPOS for under $200... we'll see :)

6. jgarcia88

jgarcia88 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 5, 2011
    Orlando,Fl