1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Re-install/ Re-Update Jelly bean

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by natodemon, Jul 26, 2012.

1. natodemon

natodemon Lurker

I just recently updated my Nexus S to Jelly Bean and have been having quite a few issues with it. At first I thought it was just bugs, but I checked on some Youtube videos and they were not having the same the issues as me. I was wondering if there is a way to re-Install Jelly Bean to see if it clears the issues. If you need me to I can describe some of the issues.

Thanks in advance
    Adam

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. quantumrand

quantumrand Android Expert

Doing a factory reset from the recovery menu typically clears up any issues that crop up after an upgrade.

If there were a Full ROM version of the JB update available, I'd say you could probably use that to try manually re-installing it, but as far as I know, a Full ROM link has yet to drop. You can give it a shot with the ICS to JB update file, but I doubt it would work.

natodemon likes this.
  3. natodemon

natodemon Lurker

OK thank you for such a quick reply but I'm sorry I may have wasted your time, a few minutes ago I just did a reboot from the boot loader which seems to have solved some of the issues. Thanks again though and sorry again but I'm new here, is there anything I should do to close this thread or just leave it?
    Thank again
    Adam

4. quantumrand

quantumrand Android Expert

Haha, no need to apologize. It's all about the collaborative effort. You can leave the thread as-is. If anyone else has more to add or has a similar question, they can bump it back up.

5. duduyster

duduyster Lurker

Hi,

This is my first time on this site and i was wondering if anyone could help me out. i recently got an update for my Nexus S. I'm currently on the 4.1.1 update. Ever since i got the update though, i can't seem to open my photos on the gallery under the folder My Camera. When i click on the My camera folder, it'll open but when i click on a particular picture, it won't let me. It brings me back to the home page! i can't even attach photos to an email using gallery. I have to use the ASTRO app now just to be able to do that! what can i do?!!!! can someone here help me?!

Nexus S Forum

The Nexus S release date was December 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

December 2010
Release Date
Reviews