• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Re-installing Nexus One stock apps

Does anyone know any where or how I can get the following stock apps for Android 2.3.4?
Google Books
Amazon MP3
Twitter

I rooted and deleted these without making a nandroid back up, so now the 2.3.6 update give me the following error message.

-- Install /sdcard ...
Finding update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/app/booksphone.odex", "51bfdc6fcca3101dd7d3569fae4ca6dc45b8971", "d0c187beafee146d5723d05988ef95c68fa1b364")
E:Error in tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Just letting you know I am pretty much a novice at this, but want to learn.

I'm having the same issue. No one has been helpful enough to provide a copy of these .odex files. The one that seems to be causing me problems is booksphone.odex but like I said, 0 luck trying to find it. Looks like I'm going to have to completely reset my phone back to stock and restore everything because I had the gall to delete one stupid app that I never used.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones