1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Re: Keis Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by murdok, May 5, 2011.

1. murdok

murdok Lurker
    None

May 5, 2011
    Hi guys, just setting up a new phone, my first Android device

Put a boatload of android apps on (using the thread on this site) but now struggling to get the bugger to connect and appear in the Samsung Keis.
    Rebooted comp and phone, updated firmware for phone, updated software to latest version, pop the micro USB and just says connecting and spinning icon.

Running Win 7 and the phone appears in computer as a portable device fine, can access the phone using the older NPS Samsung software, but that's a seriously bad program so uinstalled straight away (slow, no auto sync, repeated crashing).

Any ideas as to what I can do to get the device to appear in Keis?
    cheers

Advertisement

2. Lol mahmood

Lol mahmood Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    Try taking the sim out first. Seemed to work on my Galaxy S when I had similar problems with Kies a few weeks ago. I was using a W7 laptop too.

3. cuboid

cuboid Lurker
    None

May 11, 2011
    Equipment Engineer at Seagate Technology
    Northern Ireland
    Hi, I had the same problem. I'm running the latest Kies software which I downloaded off the Samsung website and have major issues connecting my Galaxy S2. I found that if I let the screen lock it just wouldn't work. You have to keep it active while connected to the Kies software.

I believe that you can keep it active by going into the options in the debug menu. I have not tried this yet.

The problem i'm having is that Kies is telling me that there is a new Firmware upgrade available for the phone but I can't get it updated. It keeps saying not enough memory. How ever I have over 10GB of memory free on the phone and the update is only 3 GB.

4. bonerp

bonerp Android Expert
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    Project Manager
    UK
    network kies works but the app is next to useless - can't seem to upload more than one file at a time and when i try it just repeatedly wants to install JAVA.

Wired Kies is slow, painful to use and clunky. I'm also on WIN7.

I just moved a load of files on my laptops file explorer by dragging and dropping.

5. Irate

Irate Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 25, 2011
    kies sucks and most of the altenatives suck aswell so the only thing you can do is drag and drop until a suitable alternative pops up

6. Gibbyson

Gibbyson Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 3, 2010
    This sounds like a permissions issue, if it is trying to create or access files that already exist, but can't access, then it will error out and will think it can't write because it is out of memory. Just my take.

7. Waleedq8

Waleedq8 Lurker
    None

Apr 12, 2011
    hi,

this is a simple tutorial for kies found in samsung site, you may find it useful:

Kies 2.0 Tutorial

nevertheless, i still can not find Galaxy S2 kies in their site?!! any advise?