• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Re-rename "bootsamsung.qmg" and "bootsamsungloop.qmg"

Bern White

May 28, 2016
Hello guys I'm new here. I just renamed the files "bootsamsung.qmg" to "bootsamsung.qmg.old" and "bootsamsungloop.qmg" to "bootsamsungloop.qmg.old" in order to get rid of the animations. And it did, but now that I want to delete the ".old" it won't let me do it. I've used Root Browser, ES File Explorer, Amaze File Manager, and others and they just can't rename it.

I want to rename it because since I added ".old", I cannot turn the screen off with the power button.

Hello guys I'm new here. I just renamed the files "bootsamsung.qmg" to "bootsamsung.qmg.old" and "bootsamsungloop.qmg" to "bootsamsungloop.qmg.old" in order to get rid of the animations. And it did, but now that I want to delete the ".old" it won't let me do it. I've used Root Browser, ES File Explorer, Amaze File Manager, and others and they just can't rename it.

I want to rename it because since I added ".old", I cannot turn the screen off with the power button.

Fixed: I did a factory reset (even if you do a factory reset, the problems will still be there, the same if your phone was rooted as mine) and then downloaded Root Browser, once there I went to "system" and "media" (once again), and renamed the files deleting the ".old". It worked and now I can turn the screen off.

Hope this helps somebody!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones