1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Re-root for recovery partition?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fathawk, May 3, 2010.

1. Fathawk

Fathawk Newbie
    None

Nov 9, 2009
    Hi all,

I am pretty sure I have root, as if I open emulator and SU It goes $ to #. I am running build "2.19.605.1 CL123435 test_keys" and everything seems stable. It's funny that I'm running 2.1 because I never flashed the ROM, I couldn't get past recovery partition set-up.

When I try to press power+up volume all I get is the yellow triangle exclamation point with the android cartoon. This is where I stopped on my first attempt. When I powered the phone back up, it's running 2.1.

Can I re-download the recovery partition .zips and re-flash the root ROM to start all over? I'm thinking my DL's of some of the recovery images may have been corrupted. I'm thinking since I have root, re-flashing the root ROM shouldn't hurt anything right?

Kinda green here, it took me a long time to realize why there a bunch of different files with the same name, but not the same contents (pmb). I'm assuming that's the only filename that the boot loader will recognize.:eek:

Advertisement

2. char561

char561 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 23, 2010
    Well since you are already rooted all you need to do is just put the recovery back on the phone and then do a data and cache wipe and reflash whatever rom you want

3. T2noob

T2noob Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    Southern Californina
    the rooted rom is just 2.1 with developer permissions so since you rooted you got 2.1.
    If you can't get a recovery on go into the irc irc.thefuzz4.net #erisroothelp
    There might be another way to get recovery on there, but this may be a long shot.
    Download ROM MANAGER and then try flashing the recovery from inside the app, I say this is a long shot because since you are on the original root rom you don't have SU.apk , but who knows you might not need it. Im just throwing up ideas hoping one helps you out =p

4. Fathawk

Fathawk Newbie
    None

Nov 9, 2009
    got it, pretty sure the downloads were corrupted as the second time it worked.

Thanks

5. chris22

chris22 Member
    None

Apr 14, 2010
    So, I'm having the same problem too, with the droid, and the exclamation point. I have a mac, and I put the recovery flash and the image on my SD card, but cant get it to work. What should I do?

Thanks.

6. rdking

rdking Newbie
    None

Feb 8, 2010
    Riding My Harley
    Coming to a town near you..
    I am having the same problem on my eris is there another way to get the recovery image