• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Re-root my Droid 4?

Jessariah

Lurker
Jan 14, 2013
Hello all.

I rooted my Droid 4 over the summer for an app that I ended up not using. Then, I tried to run another app that wouldn't work on a rooted phone, so I tried to unroot my phone. The app still said my phone was rooted - even though Root Checker said it wasn't. Now, once again, I need a rooted phone to run a new app and after "rerooting" my phone, root checker says it isn't properly rooted.

Basically, where I am right now is: apps that require root say I'm not rooted and apps that won't work if I'm rooted say that I am.

I'm not a programmer or developer - I'm a video producer and basically just need to capture my screen activity - and all the apps seem to require rooted phones.

Is there some kind of registry thing going on? I'd rather be one way or the other, but now I'm shut down under both circumstances.

Thanks for any help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones