1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Re Rooting after update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Crash_Override, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Crash_Override

Is there a new guide up on how to re-root after OTA? Lost root and CWM after update, also I saw the Root.zip file but I assume that file cannot be used with STOCK recovery,but with CWM right? Tried junkies tool on windows using fastboot but keeps telling me it is taking to long check driver checked and drivers are definitely there sees device but will not install CWM again. Just wondering what to do from here?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. boricuakiller

boricuakiller Android Expert

3. TehJibba

TehJibba Android Enthusiast

that post does help as i updated it with info on how to get cwm back on your phone so you then can flash the root zip to regain root

boricuakiller likes this.
  4. boricuakiller

use junkies tool use fastboot to get cwm back right way make a back up of room get chevanol root zip go back to cwm flash root zip reboot wait to reboot go back to cwm make another back but this one should be rooted wait till finish reboot enjoy u got root access remember u got two back ups one not rooted and the other one root

5. rlphbgby

rlphbgby Well-Known Member

Just got off work and tried root tool didnt work for me What im I doing wrong? It says Process was taking too long. Check your drivers?

6. rlphbgby

NM I let windows find and install drivers and it worked like a champ CWM and Root is back and it feels so good had me nerves for a min there lol

boricuakiller likes this.
  7. boricuakiller

same here work great thanks to junkie

8. junkie2100

junkie2100 Android Expert

np, and always remember, if the tool says its taking too long, to check your drivers, you should probably go ahead and check your drivers lol

half the time windows wont automatically install fastboot drivers, but once you get em in there installing cwm is simple and rooting is almost as easy

9. boricuakiller

my computer install its own driver cool junkie great tool

10. TehJibba

TehJibba Android Enthusiast

Ill update my guide with a couple methods for getting fastboot to work in a bit

11. Crash_Override

OK I re installed the drivers and checked connection and I am showing the device is connected and still getting the "process was taking to long please check your drivers" dialogue, so I looked into device manager and it is showing ADB Interface>ZTE Handset ADB Interface then also Portable Devices>N861 and at first appears to be connected properly, but as soon as I run Junkies AIO Tool it shows up as a yellow triangle and Other Devices>Android and then when I click on update driver it gives me a few options one to search automatically then when I do it says "Windows was unable to install your Android, Windows could not find a compatible driver for your device. OK, so I point it at the file using the browse system for file option but still no go wont re install them that way. So then it gives me the option to pick from a list of drivers on my computer. two of them say ADB Interface and then there's the Portable Devices MTP Compliant Device one and those were the only three that seemed to be assosiated. Any ideas from here?

12. junkie2100

you cant do an automatic search, if you could it would have installed it already, fastboot mode drivers are different than adb drivers, you need to manually select the proper drivers from a list, hit have disk and go to the place you installed the drivers to in program files, and you will only be able to do this after using my tool to kick it into fastboot (green guy on black background)

the driver you will want for fastboot is called the kernel debug driver

13. Crash_Override

Thanks Junkie i'll try it right now.

14. Crash_Override

Ok that worked and got CWM installed on my phone again now to get root.zip thanks Junkie wonce I understood that I had to point at the driver itself I knew I was on to something just wasnt sure which driver but once you clarified which driver to use it went off without a hitch thanks again.

15. rlphbgby

I keep losing CWM I dont kno how or why but I do. Junkies tool keeps bringing it back though.

16. Crash_Override

Because it says system may flash stock revovery on reboot fix? Yes or no u need to say no

17. boricuakiller

disable system flash yes

18. Crash_Override

Ok worked like a charm Junkie Thanks a bunch but now I need to ask does anyone have a stock b11 recovery file w/o root that I can download would be much appreciated was getting so pissed it wasnt working when it finally did I was so happy I forgot to do a backup lol. Oops.

19. junkie2100

ill check out my tool and see if i can fix the root script if it isnt working, should be the exact same script though, using the unroot feature will bring you back to the equivalent of pure untouched stock

20. junkie2100

or if you just wanna manually remove su, busybox, and superuser.apk from a zip then modify the root script to remove the busybox symlink parts of the install you can make a fully unrooted unmodified stock rom ready for distribution

21. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

if someone has full unrooted stock with cwm they could grab a backup and upload the system.ext4.tar.a file. Then I could make a flashable unrooted stock rom. I am not going to go through and remove all the files though lol

22. Crash_Override

Lol thats what I was hoping for lol...

23. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

all the people using the ota and then fastbooting cwm are the people we need help from. Before they flash root.zip they need to make a backup and upload system.ext4.tar.a .

ZTE Warp Sequent Forum

The ZTE Warp Sequent release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1650mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews