1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Read emails deleting after 1 day!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Richkav, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Richkav

Richkav Lurker
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    This may be unsolvable until I upgrade to 2.3, but is there any way I can reset my email settings so that they do not disappear from my inbox after 24 hrs. My phone is and LG Optimus One running 2.2. I have not deleted these e-mails from my server

I have another phone (a HTC) also running 2.2 but it has the functionality that allows me to change the settings so that the device keeps e-mails on the phone for a specified time (or up to a specified maximum number of emails)

However no matter how hard I've tried I can not find such options on my Optimus One.

Hope you have some suggestions

Advertisement

2. Richkav

Richkav Lurker
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    I sort of solved this by configuring MS Outlook (my desktop email client) to leave emails on server for 10 days - yes it seems that the emails were being deleted from the server as soon as I downloaded onto Outlook.

But really what I want is to download onto my phone and there they will stay for a period of time (of my choosing) even if I delete them from the server via Outlook.

So my next step is to see how K-9 works on the phone - I hope (and am hopeful) that this will allow my 'ideal' solution.

Cheers

3. Richkav

Richkav Lurker
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    At last. I have my ideal solution. The answer was to simply install K-9 email client on to the phone.

Simply go to Android Market and download for free. I removed the standard android email client from my screen to avoid confusion.

Once installed you have far more settings which you can modify. It really is a much more powerful program. The main one to change in this case is to untick the box which syncs server deletions. (in the mail client, select Menu>more>settings>account settings> fetching mail, then untick Sync Server deletions)

In the same sub menu you can manage the number of emails you want to retain.

I am now happy and I hope this helps someone else:)