• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

READ FIRST!!! Before docking your tablet to your keypad

ohiojosh78

Nov 24, 2011
First off I'd like to say that J&R.com have earned themselves a customer for life. Got our tablet a week ago and got the keypad today!

Anyway...Just a little pointer for those of you wh are about to dock the pad/station together. Here's a quick rundown the instructions via the manual.

1. Align pad to station, 3 sockets
2. Firmly insert pad to socket
3. Ensure latch is in locked position

BUT, and this is a big but, they forgot to mention one very important point. Your tablet has rubber grommets in 2 of the 3 sockets that you first need to remove before docking but they left this out of the instructions. Don't do like I did and try to force the 2 halves together. Remove the grommets first.

Just a heads up for ya'll!

Enjoy

lol, wth? How do those little rubber things come out??! I just got my dock. Do you need them later or can you dig em' out? Ugh.

First off I'd like to say that J&R.com have earned themselves a customer for life. Got our tablet a week ago and got the keypad today!

Anyway...Just a little pointer for those of you wh are about to dock the pad/station together. Here's a quick rundown the instructions via the manual.

1. Align pad to station, 3 sockets
2. Firmly insert pad to socket
3. Ensure latch is in locked position

BUT, and this is a big but, they forgot to mention one very important point. Your tablet has rubber grommets in 2 of the 3 sockets that you first need to remove before docking but they left this out of the instructions. Don't do like I did and try to force the 2 halves together. Remove the grommets first.

Just a heads up for ya'll!

Enjoy

Upvote 0
lol, wth? How do those little rubber things come out??! I just got my dock. Do you need them later or can you dig em' out? Ugh.

I do not have my dock yet but I did remove the plugs on mine just to see. There is a hole in the plug. I stuck the tip of an ink pen into the hole and popped them out. Do not stick the pen straight down into the plug but from the back of the prime towards the front. When you lift there is a little edge on the hole that the tip will grab and they will come out.

I would save them.

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: Dagr
Upvote 0
I do not have my dock yet but I did remove the plugs on mine just to see. There is a hole in the plug. I stuck the tip of an ink pen into the hole and popped them out. Do not stick the pen straight down into the plug but from the back of the prime towards the front. When you lift there is a little edge on the hole that the tip will grab and they will come out.

I would save them.

Yep, I got them. Thanks. ;) I think mine were much harder to get out since I did, in fact, try to dock without taking them out (not sure what I was thinking but I was following the directions!!). Anyway, its working well now. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones