1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

READ HERE Before Trying to Root + KDZ Files (KDZ for T-Mobile/Metro/Fido for now)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DrakenFX, Jul 7, 2015.

1. StyloM33

StyloM33 Newbie

Well Xposed for lollipop worked fine onthe stock LG ROM, I just need someone's TWRP backup and that should work if I flash in recovery.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DB225

DB225 Well-Known Member

did you keep a backup from when you were on 5.0.2? that should work, your radios will still technically be 5.1.1 though.

3. StyloM33

StyloM33 Newbie

No :( I flashed and forgot to make a backup

4. DB225

DB225 Well-Known Member

back up, back up, back up.

5. Varela89

Varela89 Newbie

Ok , so just to confirm. If I update to 5.1.1 I will not be able to root my phone, correct? I just want to make sure before I root my phone with LG one click root when I get it. Also, is the the one click root the preferred method over king root?

6. DB225

DB225 Well-Known Member

if you let the LG OTA (Over the Air) update install you wont be able to root. If you use Gametheory's flashible update you will have root.

viperdink, GameTheory and KOLIO like this.
  7. GameTheory

GameTheory Android Expert

@DrakenFX

Let me know when you got it so I can remove the link.

edit:
    link removed

DrakenFX likes this.
  8. DrakenFX

DrakenFX Well-Known Member

GameTheory likes this.
  9. seanfodonnell

seanfodonnell Well-Known Member

sorry for the noob question, I accidently erased my flashfly app that had my stock recovery back. How do I get my stock recovery back? Im assuming I can use the KDZ file but how do I flash the file?

10. Androidspace

Androidspace Newbie

--------------------------------------------
    Hi, I followed the link you provided to the 'XDA Developers' and then click on the link to download the file: LGGSTYLO_LP511_OneClickRoot.zip File from the site: www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347823328 but none of the download mirrors are working for me whenever I click on any download mirror it post an error like this: '405 Not allowed.'
    Is there any other way to get that file to root my LG G Stylo 5.1.1 ?
    Thanks in advance. Any help would be appreciated.

11. DrakenFX

Don't know why isn't working but here is a mirror
    LGGSTYLO_LP511_OneClickRoot.zip

12. Androidspace

Androidspace Newbie

Thanks DrakenFX, I could finally download the file contained in that link you posted here and now my LG G Stylo is rooted and working very well. Thanks again for your prompt help. I appreciated very much.

13. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

So if I have the latest MetroPCS firmware I can unlock the bootloader and root/install recovery, etc? Doesn't matter if it's 5.1.1?

14. DrakenFX

Correct, doesn't matter which version you are running you'll be good to go

No problem glad it help :)

viperdink likes this.
  15. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

Well isn't that great news, thanks for the prompt response.

16. pikolush

pikolush Lurker

Hello friends,
    This is my first post and unfortunately i have to start with a help message. I updated my LG G Stylo T-Mobile version to the latest 10j firmware and the phone started having a lot of problems. The biggest one is that the loudspeaker stopped working. I can't hear nothing from it, not the ringtone, no phone sound and neither audio on youtube or mp3 files. When i plugin the headphones everything functions perfectly. I know it's not a hardware problem cause i reflashed the stock kdz 10i and 10j and it started working for 1-2 days but then problem occurred again. I want to know if any of you guys has the same problem. Also if any of you has an alternate download link for the 5.0.2 kdz cause the one posted here does not work and i can't find it elsewhere (i already searched the forum and google). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

PS: Great forum by the way. Keep it going.

17. ScarletRooter

ScarletRooter Well-Known Member

I think the link is broken or invalid! When I click on T-Mobile LP 5.1.1 H631v10j update it says "Not Found" could this be fixed or could someone upload a copy elsewhere?

18. rselte

rselte Lurker

Hello. The links are all down. Does anyone have the metro kdz they coul share?

19. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

They all work for me

viperdink likes this.
  20. rselte

rselte Lurker

Whoops. sorry about that. you are right. Every time my laptop was signed into my verizon hotspot, all the download links were getting blocked. They work on my home network though.

Thanks for checking.

21. jojojbinxx

jojojbinxx Lurker

LG G Stylo Forum

The LG G Stylo release date was May 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1/2GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2015
Release Date
Reviews