• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Read the post before you think I'm just another crazy person projecting dates

BiRd DaWgY

Dec 6, 2009
Today i was on the phone with a sprint employee who deals with employee acounts. He was having a conversation with my father the employee of sprint when I said i had a few questions of my own to ask. So i get the phone and i ask him "the moment is running android 1.5 correct" he replies "yes its running 1.5" then I proceed to ask that "ve been seeing the date the 26th of march being thrown around for the 2.1 update" and he interupts saying that "they are searching on sites to see what people are saying and that he to has seen the 26th date come up as well" so then i ask if i will have to bring it in to the store to update it then. he says no "that date is false and he continued to say that the update will be coming middle of april or may 1st he said and the way he thinks they will do it is OTA but he also thinks they will be doing them at sprint stores as well.

Thanks Austin

He "he thinks they will do it is OTA"......Wrong, please try again. We'll be lucky if it's OTW and not another "find the competent repair center" fiasco. My experience is that many if not most of the sales reps at cell phone companies will spew any amount of bs to show they are "in the know" when they generally know less than the average cell phone forum frequenting geek. I don't know when the update is coming and being that due to past experience with missed dates and delay, I've become a pessimist on this subject. I'm guessing June 30th or later. I am willing to bet that the rep you talked to has no better insight than I do on the subject. Thanks for posting though!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones