• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

reading books (mainly PDFS) on a tablet

ranjb

Jun 27, 2010
Hi

I am confused...

I just spent a day with the iPad2 and have to say I was very impressed with reading PDF books from it using some of the Apple PDF readers.

I am Android through and through and want to stick with an Android but want the experience I had with the iPad2 when it comes to reading ebooks from it.

I have been looking around and the Asus Transformer looks pretty good at a decent price.... I also would like Honeycomb as I understand its more tailored for tablets than the previous versions. One thing from my research that lets Android down is there are not many apps which are tablet ready but slowly this will come.... Thats not too much of an issue for me as my primary use will be ebook reading and internet use.

I dont see the point in buying just an ebook reader, for a few extra hundred I can get something which will offer a lot more and features that I would make use off.

Anyone have any advice for a tablet for my uses??

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones