• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reading mmaped buffer in JNI without using fast message queue

SDTVBLR

Lurker
Sep 23, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I have a device which generate video and audio data.
We have implemented a custom data source for Exoplayer to read the AV data.
Now, we are reading the data from kernel buffer to fast message queue.
Then, we are copying it from FMQ to JNI (java buffer).
This inturn is read in to player's buffer, when the player performs a read.
But, we want to improve it's performance.

We have implemented a mmap interface for the driver from which we get direct access(virtual address) to kernel buffer.
Is there a way to access/copy from mmaped kernel buffer directly to JNI buffer without using FMQ.
I couldn't find any such interface in HIDL implementation site.

Thanks & Regards,
Sooraj

I work in media production, and our main task is creating short animated videos. Obviously, we have a huge library of different media files. After the lockdown, some of the employees now work permanently from home, but they need online access to those files. We want everything to be organized and easy to find, so we are also looking for software that can help us with this. We also created some sort of virtual office for our organization. I should say that virtual addresses helped us a lot to organize our work on the national scale since we have offices in different states. Somehow, we do not have this mess with mails and packages.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones