1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Reading pdf file on LG K4/K7 (2017)

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by shakushinnen, Jan 18, 2022.

1. shakushinnen

shakushinnen Member

Hi,
    I have a couple of pdfs on my phone that I might like to show others, but the phone will not open them. Is there a 'free' app that you can recommend for this phone.
    Thanks,
    ...... john

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. shakushinnen

shakushinnen Member

Hi Mike,
    Thanks for the link. I'm embarrassed to ask this; but I don't know how to install it. I downloaded the apk and put it on my SD card; but when I click on it I get the message "can't open file". Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    ....... john

3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

It should be a .apk file. You can open it using your package installer app

4. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Dannydet likes this.
  5. shakushinnen

shakushinnen Member

Hi Danny,
    Oops, I'm not even sure I have a package installer. If I tap on the apk and get the message 'can't open file', does that mean I don't have a 'package installer'? If so, where do I get one?
    Hi Kate, I'd rather not use the play store, unless I have no other option.
    ..... john

6. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Every Android device has a package installer pre installed, otherwise you'd not be able to install anything, ever.
    Look at uptodown.com, apkmirror.com and do A search.

7. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

To install an APK not from Google Play first enable installing from Unknown Sources. Up until Android 7 Nougat the option to install from Unknown Sources was located in Settings - Security - Unknown Sources.

Starting with Android 8 Oreo the steps to install from Unknown Sources changed, it's now per app instead of any app. Here is how to enable installing from Unknown Sources from Chrome:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/324270/how-android-oreo-changed-sideloading-and-why-its-a-good-thing/

Looks like the 2017 K4 came with Android 6, not sure if you got an upgrade to 7 or 8.

When you're installing apps from unknown sources make sure they are from a legitimate source. Don't download apps from untrusted sites, or apps that have bad reviews.

8. shakushinnen

shakushinnen Member

Hi Danny,
    Yes, I think you're right; I did install Opera on it. So, why won't it install the pdf reader com.gsnathan.pdfviewer_28.apk?
    Hi Kate, I set security unknown, but it still won't install.
    ..... john
    P.S. This is Android 6

#9 shakushinnen, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022

PDF Viewer & Reader

PDF Viewer & Reader Forum

com.easyinc.pdfviewer

It is a perfect viewer pdf to open pdf files on my cell phone which has search function. This application also supports to pdf ebook reader and read downloaded file on phone. Read PDF files easily just tap tap and done. Share the pdf to your friend on whatsapp,gmail and many more apps. Features PDF reader software: - Support to read downloaded file on phone - Support to documents pdf reader - Full-screen mode - Use as a comics application - Pdf reader for android free download - Free pdf reader for android - Open the pdf file weighs only little capacity 1s - Best pdf reader - Simple interface easy to use - A pdf viewer, pdf reader free - This is comic book apps free, ebook reader for android free and ebook and pdf reader - Support search pdf, pdf reader from the memory card ... - Optional display horizontally, vertically, mobile ... - Pdf document reader, pdf viewer free, pdf reader free, xps file viewer - Support reading formats: PDF, XPS, DjVu, Comic, eBooks If you like PDF Viewer or have any other comments, please take a moment to write us a comment, or simply email us at simple.pdfviewer@outlook.com, which will help us improve our products and give you a better experience.

READ MORE
November 11, 2019
Last Updated
Rating
1M+
Installs