1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support reading virgin voicemail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by flyingswan, Jun 5, 2011.

1. flyingswan

flyingswan Lurker
    None

May 26, 2011
    Hi

I'm using a Samsing Galaxy Europa on 2.2 on the virgin network, and when I try to call voicemail to play back my messages, the screen locks up !

I can listen to the message, but I then need to double-tap the screen to unlock it, and when I have unlocked it there seems no way to bring up a keyboard to select the numeric options to replay/delete or save the message !!!

I'm assuming some of my call setting are incorrect....can anyone tell me how to stop the screen locking and how to make the keyboard accessible so I can respond to the voicemail ??!!??

Thanks for any advice....please be patient with me as I am a newbie with this phone

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Usually there is a small icon that looks like a keyboard on most devices that will bring the keyboard back over your screen. If not.. you will have to wait for someone here that is familiar with your device for some advice.

Welcome to Android Forums. I hope you enjoy your stay.

flyingswan likes this.
  3. Twisted-

Twisted- Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    After unlocking the screen there is a grey handle on the bottom of the screen that you can slide up to give you a keypad.

As for the locking of the screen: I don't think you want to have it unlocked while you call. The locking is done to prevent you from accidentally pressing buttons while you're on the phone.

flyingswan likes this.
  4. flyingswan

flyingswan Lurker
    None

May 26, 2011
    Thanks Olbriar and Twisted for your comments and advice !!