1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Real addresses in phone

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Chrizzz, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Chrizzz

Chrizzz Lurker

Hi, does anyone know if there is an app that I can download so I can enter my friends addresses? I've seen some address apps but I can't put in my friends/contacts addresses only email address and phone numbers and manage all that but that's not what I'm looking for. I hope I'm clear on what I'm looking for and that someone has an idea.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

What phone do you have? Mine can save addresses on the default contacts app.

3. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Extreme Android User

You can also log into Gmail and edit your contacts on a computer, then it will be automatically synced to your phone

4. justtom

justtom Android Enthusiast

5. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

I don't think I've seen a phone where the default contacts app does NOT have the ability to have an address stored. My HTC certainly has.

Dave

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

I just realized though that he may be saving contacts to SIM. Contacts need to be saved to phone or Google to open other fields like addresses.

7. rouge6

rouge6 Newbie

Heres a simple idea stalkers use xD

goto yellow pages and search for friend via phone number to house or by name.. it'll give you the address if you enter the zip code ;) Member.. if you are underage and can't owned a landline phone, then the bill should be in their parents name xD--- then with any office program just copy and paste with an organized name and boom you're done =/

8. FrankXS

FrankXS Well-Known Member

Have your friend export the contacts then import them into your phone.

-Frank

9. Chrizzz

Chrizzz Lurker

Thanks everyone. I've a samsung galaxy s. I've found out that I only have one contact stored on my phone and the rest on my sim. And indeed I can only add his address. I find it safer to have phone numbers stored on my sim just in case something happens to my phone. I might try gmail, I don't use gmail for my emails but I do have a gmail account.
    I had a look at go contacts but I don't like all the extras that comes with it, maybe because I don't know exactly how it works.

One more question; is it possible to change my contacts from being saved on sim to phone or both?

Thanks

10. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Extreme Android User

I don't know if there is an easy way to move them, but having them on your phone is actually better if something happens to your phone. Then when you get your new phone and sign in to gmail all of your contacts will automatically be added to your new phone.

11. Adauth

Adauth Android Expert

Can do it stock on my razr, but as mentioned GO Contacts should solve your problem.

12. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Firstly, yes you can import the SIM contacts to your phone, but you'd have to check your manual for your phone for that specifically.

Secondly, storing on your SIM card only means you have a backup IF you damage your phone and still have it in your possession. If you lose it or it gets stolen then your SIM will obviously be gone as well. Plus, as you've found, you can only have name and number on the SIM and you'd like addresses etc. You need to use Google to backup to the "cloud" or use your PC. Don't know what use use for email etc but if you use Outlook or Thunderbird you can sync contacts/calendar/tasks/notes directly to your phone (I use MyPhoneExplorer - app on phone, client on PC - to sync Outlook to my phone via wifi) without going through the cloud.

HTH

Dave