• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Real Bad Functioning Problems Occurring with EVO

DucatiDude

May 30, 2010
Hi all,

I'm new to EVO, Sprint, and Android but I'm not a newbie. I've learned an enormous about Android and my phone in a very short time (Bing is my friend). I left the iPhone for the EVO. I really love the phone.

For the first 4 days.

But now I'm having A LOT of issues. And if they can't be fixed they are dealbreakers. I'm hoping one of the geniuses here can help out.

Yesterday I started getting Error msg. 67, Data Failure, Registration Failure, Call Sprint. So I did and they performed some network stuff and seemed to fix it. 20 minutes later the same thing happened again. Had to call Sprint back. Seems to have fixed it again.

But now I never get email unless I manually open the mail program. It's never automatic. A lot of times there is no 3G in the menu bar (I'm in NYC and Stamford, CT). I get data errors from programs saying there is no connection. ALL THE TIME, NOW!

Is there any program I could have installed that could be causing this? The only major programs I have installed are LauncherPro Beta, ATK (set to manually kill only), ASTRO, and Super Caller ID, which when I got a call said no data access and could not identify the caller. Also, my Email icon has badge on it showing 1 email but there is no unread email.

The call quality is great but I need data to work ALL the time.

Can anyone shed light on this?
Much appreciated.

I picked up my phone a couple hours ago and am having identical problem. I get the Error 67 and it does not say 3G in the menu bar anymore. This started happening when I went to send my first text. Before that everything was working great with gmail and internet, etc.

I did the following 2 steps and also power cycled the phone
Settings -> System Updates -> Update Profile
Settings -> System Updates -> Update PRL

After the failed sms attempt when I click "More Details" it gives me:
Cause Code: 97
Error Class: 2

Upvote 0
Update: My issue was due to human error. They were supposed to switch something in my phone when I picked it up so I could receive the $150 discount. They may have messed up because when I checked my number on the phone it was actually registering as my wife's number. I called Sprint 888-211-4727 and they reset a bunch of stuff and had me reset the phone couple times. They also had me change a couple numbers in a hidden menu. Everything is back to normal now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones