1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Real folders and paths and syncing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BreezyOhio, Aug 7, 2011.

1. BreezyOhio

BreezyOhio Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Cincinnati
    Verizon ported over my settings from my Blackberry (just contacts and my music and my pics) to my Incredible 2. Worked pretty good till ..

I had added some music to my Itunes catalog and decided to to update the music on the phone too. Shouldn't be a big deal right? Just USB to pc, and copy files and folders. well, wrong. The files showed on my SD card but I then found I had to force the phone to rescan drives. So, kind of a pain but I cleared data from various apps and then rescanded using an app for it. My new music never showed up.

So I did some poking around and in doing so I installed a file manager app. Imagine my surprise when the file manager showed NONE of the files I thought I had copied to SD drive. The music folder on the SD drive was empty! So some more poking around and I found all my music in a series of Blackberry folders on the phone's mem card, which I cannot read or edit, apparently from my PC.

So here I am and this whole pathing/folder thing is just crazy. I went thru settings looking for any settings that would relate to relative pathing for media but I cannot find anything.

Of course when I look for syncing itunes on an Incredible I get lots of conflicting information. I imagine that lots of people with these syncing problems are basically repeating my experiences with the actual locations of files.

So any advice out there from someone knows what this is all about? I would very much like to move all my media to my SD drive exclusively but no idea at this point what it takes. Perhaps wipe my setup and then load my media files? This is a very confusing mess that I need to get a handle on.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement