• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

REAL release Date

Wetheat

Lurker
Sep 16, 2008
I cannot divulge my sources, on this but trust me....it comes from very high up in t-mobile. I verified this from 2 different sources and i know it to be true, but as with anything on a product of this magnatude i'm sure there wil be people who won't believe.

Tmobile will make their T-Mobile Dream phone (G1 is an internal code) available for presale on September 23, of this year. A deposit will be required at the time you order, and you be able to have the phone by October 1st - no later.

There will be a 2nd phone made. It will not be made by HTC, rather Sony.
It will be a less expensive model, but it will also be all touch screen.

Alsom the video released today on youtube is the finished product that will be shipped.

There is a button on the phone that will automatically open youtube.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Hmmmm we'll see if these are true come Tuesday, September 23rd I think! I would be surprised though since most are reporting very different information:

• October 17/20 retail release
  • ONLY HTC this year, possibly Samsung... but Sony Ericsson?
Your bit about being the Dream/G1 is a toss up in my opinion but I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT. I love the HTC Dream moniker and think its cool as heck. Although, I think they might go with G1 because the "Dream Phone" is a lot to live up to...

Upvote 0
And when are you speculating this "Sony" branded Android phone comes out? Are you talking about the Xperia with Android?

Also, how confident are you on Dream/G1?

Of course its ALLLLL just speculation unless we can verify SOME type of source or unless you can build credibility. It sucks... but thats just the way the interwebz works!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones