1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Real world reviews & comments from actual users

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Howlingdakota, Mar 17, 2013.

1. SolApathy

SolApathy Just another robot
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 1, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Ohio
    Try this- you may just need to calibrate your keyboard. Long press the comma key ( you should see the settings gear above it on the HTC keyboard) , go to advanced, and then the calibration tool and see if that helps, likewise you can access it through Settings> language and keyboard > HTC sense input> calibration tool

You can also switch to the Swype keyboard by opening the keyboard, pulling down the notification window and changing the input method to swype.

Advertisement

2. BillsBayou

BillsBayou Lurker
    None

May 23, 2013
    I've run the calibration routine. It still displays letters other than what I am typing.

When I press a letter, I see a box pop-up beneath my finger, displaying the letter I've just pressed. Then I let go. Shouldn't that be the letter I see in my text message? Because it is not.

I'm typing messages VERY SLOWLY to make sure I'm spelling and seeing the words correctly. I've just typed out "This is a message to my wife." I'm careful. I type t-h-i-s and the word is being displayed correctly up until I hit the letter 's'. Then it changes the word to "Thus". WHY DOES IT DO THIS?

When I type the word "message", it is displaying the nonsensical word "nessage". I hit the letter "m". I watched the letter "m" appear beneath my finger. But the screen displays the letter "n". WHY? The predictive words below the message box show "nessage" as the first option and "message" as the second, highlighted, option. When I hit space, the word "message" appears correctly. However, seeing what I've typed in the message box gives me no confidence in this product. I hate it.

If I hit a letter correctly, and it displays the pop-up correctly, why does the text message have the wrong letter?

3. Samcanadian

Samcanadian Member
    None

Apr 23, 2013
    Male
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Are you sure you're typing in English? Like, if the phone is set to a different language it will automatically try to use the words you've typed to a word that the language setting understands. I had mine on French once and couldn't figure out why it was making different words with the letters I was pressing.

To check, do this:

-Swipe down from the top of the screen for status bar
    -Click the gear on the top right corner for settings
    -Scroll down to Language and Keyboard (select)
    -Look at what System Language you are using. It should say "English (United States) or whatever language you prefer.

Try this first before getting too frustrated. I couldn't figure out why it did that for mine either, but I must have changed the setting at some point in time.

Really? Mine does this :thinking:

...your top swipe down tray holds the settings button on the top right corner in the shape of a little Gear. Arguably quicker than the "Home Screen Click -> Settings" path you used to take.

4. BillsBayou

BillsBayou Lurker
    None

May 23, 2013
    Still screwing me over. Calibrated again and again. It is not an issue of me not hitting the correct keys. I can see the correct letters being typed. Then I'm watching WITH GROWING OUTRAGE as the phone replaces words with words I DID NOT TYPE.

I type "This is a test" and the text message box shows "Thus us a test."

Character by character:
    I type "T" it show "T" with predictive bar T R F G D (T is highlighted)
    I type "h" it shows "Th" with predictive bar Th The That's This That They (Th is highlighted)
    I type "i" it shows "Thi" with predictive bar Thi Thu This Tho Think Thinking (Thu is highlighted)
    I type "s" it shows "Thus"
    I press the space bar and start cursing.

5. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS,BillsBayou!:party:

Just for troubleshooting purposes,have you tried another keyboard?

Perhaps this isn't what you're looking for,but,it'll help to eliminate other possible causes of prediction errors w/the stock keyboard.

EarlyMon likes this.
  6. BillsBayou

BillsBayou Lurker
    None

May 23, 2013
    Turns out, it is a problem with "AT&T Messages" which is a replacement for the messaging app that came with the phone. I've done some more in-depth analysis as to what and where the problem happens.

Here's what happens. When I press the letter "I", the pop-up letter beneath my finger shows the letter "I", the message box shows the letter "I", but the predictive text bar shows the first choice of "U". The letter "U" is highlighted in blue. If I press the space bar, the letter "U" is now in the message box. The keyboard shows me typing the letter "I", but the predictive text things what I really meant to type is one letter to the left.

The same thing happens with the letters O, P, J, K, L, B, N, and M. I press the letter, the correct letter shows up in the message box, but the predictive text shows the letter to the left of what I type, and THAT letter is highlighted. All other letters work correctly.

This only happens in landscape mode in the AT&T Messages app.

When I type "I love you" to my wife, what I see, when I'm done typing CORRECTLY is "U live you".

When I type the word "ironic", the screen is showing this nonsensical crap: "urinuc". Granted, the word "ironic" is highlighted on the predictive text bar, but it is the second selection.

I've posted a message to the AT&T support forums, but no response as of yet. I like just about everything else about the AT&T Messages app. For now, I'm texting in portrait format.

7. SolApathy

VIP Member
    None

Jun 1, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Ohio
    You can always try to return to the default messaging app by going into settings/apps/ locating the at&t messaging app and clearing the defaults. This will revert messaging to ask you if you want to use stock messaging or the at&t app (if they allow it) I am on Sprint so I cannot be for certain, but it's worth a try.

8. chong67

chong67 Android Expert
    None

Apr 5, 2011
    Male
    IT
    Atlanta
    I copy this below from another site and I am afraid of getting the One now. DO you agree with all this below?

==============

I have the HTC ONE and I can tell you first hand this phone is awesome and beautiful however the build quality is not as high as is being touted. I had to switch my phone 3 times for various problems in quality that should not be present on a new phone. If you would like I will give a run down lower in the post of the problems with each phone. But in either case the battery is amazing, my best full charge went 1 Day 3 Hours 52 minutes with about 27% left before I charged it. Besides the flaws in build quality the design and beauty is second to none in my opinion. The screen is also amazing. The beats audio which was a big problem of two of the phones I exchanged is still not as good as I expected. There is hissing and static especially in songs with a lot of drums or bass.

Phone 1: Had problems with a large gap by the power button, when you would squeeze the phone you could make it "zero gap" like it is suppose to be.

Phone 2: Major problems with audio, the speakers had a lot of distortion and static

Phone 3: Major problems with audio as well. Same problems with static and hissing and distortion with big bass and drum songs. Also the power and volume buttons were flush with the phone which made them extremely hard to press and made the phone a horrible experience to use.

Phone 4: Currently the one I am using, no major problems but still that persistent problem with the audio. It is less with this phone but I still get the static hissing sound on max volume like if the speakers are being pushed beyond their limits. It is more noticeable again on songs with a lot of bass or with drums.

9. nomunk

nomunk Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 26, 2010
    I havent had any of these problems, and this is the first time I have heard of any of these problems.

10. travisbest

travisbest Newbie
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    I think the problem is with the headphones that came with the One. I hear static noise as well when I connect them to my One X, and no static when I use other pair (20$ Sennheisers) with the One.
    And to be honest, I don't like the shape of the new pair of headphones, but maybe I'm just not used with it.

11. chong67

chong67 Android Expert
    None

Apr 5, 2011
    Male
    IT
    Atlanta
    I just did Skype with my friend. I love to Skype. Oh yes, the audio on this phone is nice. It is loud. Front facing speaker is nice. I can hear the bass. Not bad for the dual tiny speakers.

12. clsA

clsA Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 8, 2013
    Painter
    FLA. USA
    Welcome aboard ... you want bass, try out the earbuds they included

chong67 likes this.
  13. chong67

chong67 Android Expert
    None

Apr 5, 2011
    Male
    IT
    Atlanta
    The earbuds are not included on the Tmobile.

I have a HTC One S before and I pair with my BT on my car, I can hear the bass. On my Nexus 4 I don't hear the bass.

I am going to try tomorrow on my car with this new phone.

14. SolApathy

VIP Member
    None

Jun 1, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Ohio
    I figured I would post now that I have had the One for several months and have had the opportunity to examine every nook and cranny of this device that HTC has touted as its flagship...

Overall impressions:
    First and foremost, I am extremely impressed. This is the first time I have bought a phone (HTC One Sprint edition- silver) and have not, within the first day of use questioned whether I should have waited for something else to come along (good ole’ buyer’s remorse). I am impressed with every aspect of this phone, from the elegant curves and aluminum construction, to the screen that will impress you even in the full light of the sun, to the performance of the device and its perfect balance of size, weight, storage capacity, and overall speed.

World capabilities:
    I had the opportunity to test the world phone capabilities (though still SIM locked for another month) and was extremely impressed with its performance on O2, as well as Vodaphone while I was in Germany. It quickly connected to the networks without issue and I had no issues with phone performance or data (though data was restricted to slower speeds) I cannot wait until I am SIM unlocked and have the ability to take the phone overseas and use it without the high costs associated with roaming.

Camera:
    I was really looking forward to the Zoe feature, though I have found myself using it less and less do to the integration problems it causes with Dropbox. I wish they had taken out a page from their burst shot mode on the HTC Evo LTE, and created a separate folder for the shots so it would not upload 20+ pictures of the same scene to DB. It is a hassle to go through and delete all those pictures every time I want to take a Zoe.

I am impressed with the low light capabilities of the ultra-pixel camera, and its ability to create well saturated shots in daylight. I have found that a lot of times in daylight the HDR feature needs to be used to get better exposure though. Overall I am very impressed with the camera and rate it better than the one on my LTE Evo. This camera also has a ton of built in filter options, in addition to a custom filter that many people don’t even know about that can be accessed by simply by pulling up a picture, opening effects, long pressing any effect and dragging it down to “custom” button that appears.

Here is a small plug for an app I found –“Perfectly Clear” It is a great app to brighten up dark pictures and enhance tem without effecting the quality of the picture. I recommend it to anyone that has dark shots they are ready to get rid of, or any show they wish looked just a little bit better.

Build quality:
    Like any device that has curves as elegant as this new phone, every single piece will be put under a microscope. Overall I find the device to be well built and stunning in every respect. Everyone that has looked at mine and had the opportunity to hold it have all said it fells very comfortable to hold, and looks amazing.

I feel the same, and personally think it’s funny that so many people are complaining that there is a gap here, or a gap there the size of…”OMG a piece of paper”… With that being said, I do think there is a little room for improvement with respect to the speaker grill cover and how it is attached to the phone (they need to work on that) and the LED notification light, as you cannot see the light at an angel at all. Sometimes you are across the room, and with this phone you can’t see it unless you are looking at the screen.

The only other change I would have made (and I can’t believe HTC missed this opportunity) would have been making the actual HTC logo capacitive. I know there is a mod out there, but that mod only makes the area right above the logo capacitive, as there is no capacitive backing behind the logo itself.

That being said, this phone is so amazing I believe those few issues are easily overlooked when you take into account everything else about this phone.

Speakers: (Boom sound)
    What can I say for a pair of speakers on a phone, yeah a phone… Probably the loudest and best sounding speakers I have ever heard in such a small device. Yes, they dropped the volume a bit on the last update, to address some concerns of people over-driving the speakers, however this has to be one of the best sounding set of speakers in a phone I’ve ever listened to. I have yet to find anyone that has not been impressed or said- “wait, that’s your phone that sounds that good?”

Screen:
    I know I already touched on this in the introduction, but wow, this screen is amazing. It’s no AMOLED screen, which have very vibrant colors, but in real life use this phone blows away the competition with its real world performance. It reproduces accurate colors, has excellent black levels, and best of all (for me) it has amazing performance in direct sunlight.

Battery:
    A lot of people say the battery life is too short and barely make it through the day. They usually say that they are average users that snap between 50-75 pictures a day, take 15 calls, send 150 text messages, play 2 netflix movies, share pictures with 15 people, use navigation for 30 minutes, play music for 3 hours, and surf the web for 2 hours… Just a little observation- that’s not average use. That is someone that never takes the phone out of their hand!

I am impressed with the battery life and overall power management. I usually don’t plug it in in the middle for the day unless I am using navigation, and on light days with little use I have had the phone running for 1

15. busted bones

busted bones Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 19, 2010
    Shipping and Receiving Manager
    So I've had my phone for about a month now. I've always been an android guy, starting with the OG Evo 4G, then to the Photon 4G and now to the One. I kept my OG EVO4G until the gingerbread update which I was one of the people who got a half baked update that ruined the user experience. Phone regularly rebooted, froze and lagged a lot as well. I had my Photon for quite some time. The phone was astounding when released but Motorola released one bad update after another. I rooted it to avoid problems and had a MotoBlur based rom and accidentally did the final gingerbread update which locked the bootloader. As much as I loved my P4G it always had some slightly quirky issues. I could almost regularly get the phone to enter voice commands, dial the last person I called, or reboot with a plug in the headphone jack. A lot of people complained about the screen but after a few days I quickly adapted to the change. Outside the headphone jack issue, it was a superb phone.

Now, enough about where I've been and onto where I am now. All I can say is wow. I was getting ready to update the phone and was really considering the SGS4 as I have a few friends who have had nothing but rave reviews for the Galaxy series and the bad taste left in my mouth by the EVO 4G gingerbread update. I then got to play with a SGS4 and was unimpressed. I felt like the UI tried to do to much and was convoluted.

II then had a chance to play with my friend One and instantly fell back in love. The UI was smooth, had just the right touches in the right places and was close enough to stock Android that I really enjoyed it.

My 2 concerns were the non expandable memory and the non changeable battery. The concern over memory was set aside due to how much cloud storage I have. Dropbox, drive, sugarsync, mediafire, minus, box, and play music have me covered from every direction. I was able to update and sync from my old phones without sacking up much memory on the new phone.

As for the battery, it lasts through much more abuse than my other phones did, but I'm not getting the world changing batter performance some mention. I get about 8 hours when I'm really abusing the phones charge. As I posted in the battery thread, I have 3 emails accounts set to push, several other apps like Facebook, soundcloud, and other social media set to push, I regularly stream audio over soundcloud(usually at 100% volume) while browsing on chrome simultaneously. My phone will be set to auto brightness. I do have the power saver mode engaged and snapdragon battery guru running.

II have noticed a huge impact based on signal strength. I changed carriers and Sprint had great coverage during my normal usage hours, but T Mobile struggles. Signal strength can add or remove over an hour depending on strength. Full 4GLTE and Faux G are usually faster than Sprints WiMax but occasionally I'll drop to lower levels.

The UI is amazing, as stated earlier it has a minimalistic approach to android with just the right touches in just the right places. The only gripe I have is no notification bar toggles but an app fixed that. All lag I ever experienced has been traced back to an app that's not optimized for jellybean.

The screen is hands down far and away the best screen I've had on a smartphone. For awhile while I was still using the P4G I much preferred my GFs iPhone 5's screen but that's no longer the case. I do find this screen to be the max screen size I'm comfortable with. I do occasionally accidentally hit the close of side of the screen when I try to one hand it. Anything larger and I consistently do it, like when I used the SGS4. I do occasionally find the bar with 3 white dots annoying when using some apps, the larger screen real estate would be much appreciated. I've heard some roms do away with it by making the HTC logo take that place, but I don't feel the need to root and flash yet.

The camera works so well I'm amazed it's attached to a smartphone. I hope that doesn't sound cheesy but it easily blows all my other smartphones out of the water(the P4G was regularly praised for its camera). It even is better than my point and shoot from 2009. Even in low light situations it has much less visual blur. This works great for me as I'm young and wild and party a lot in night clubs. I'll try to upload some samples when I get a chance, the imgur app has failed me more than once.

The speakers, I have to admit I'm both amazed and disappointed with them at the same time. Everyone hyped them so hard I seriously expected more than I should have(the P4G was almost as loud at full volume) the area that really caught me off guard was the clarity. The P4G was almost as loud but nowhere even close to the clarity at 75%+ volume levels. With that said it is by far and away the loudest and clearest speaker system of any smartphone I've come across.

The build quality has been superb in my opinion. I know some people have had issues and returned their phones but I have had 0 issues. No gaps, no raised glass, no missed cuts for microphones or the USB port.

Overall I give the phone a 95/100. The OG EVO 4G would be about a 65-70/100 and the P4G would be a 80-82/100 in my book. There's some tiny gripes I have but nothing remotely close to a deal breaker. For my battery assault situations I'm going with an iBlason case to double the battery life. If I kill it then, I just seriously fail. For comparison sake, I'd give the iPhone 5 a 87/100.

KOLIO and EarlyMon like this.
  16. Wilkas

Wilkas Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 26, 2012
    Male
    Career Advisor
    Jarrow, Great Britain
    Not a review but have you seen the new colour choice of the phone, really liking this..

[​IMG]

EarlyMon likes this.
  17. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Well really getting to know it has been delayed by a cock-up with the upgrade process, so while I had the phone over the weekend the SIM never activated. But from a certain amount of fiddling, setting up, WiFi use, and a bit of real use today, here are a few disorganised first impressions:

* Build: excellent. I know that some people have had problems (hopefully early production only?), but I really can't fault my one. Certainly up there with anything other phone I've seen, and leaves most standing. The whole thing does come across as solid and well thought out, and has impressed everyone who's seen it. The hardware buttons don't protrude much, which may not be optimal for touch operation but does mean that accidental presses shouldn't be an issue, and I'm finding them to work well enough in practice. Although it's big, it's really quite pleasant to use.

* Reception: browsed AF on my train journeys today, and clearly better than my older phone. Maintained solid H/3G throughout, even in places where the Desire would reliably fall back to GPRS/EDGE. Also very much quicker to connect if I toggle data or change mode. Wifi reception is also stronger, and GPS fix is solid within a few seconds (and the first time I tested it I had no mobile data, so no AGPS assistance there).

* Screen: bright, sharp, beautiful, very good black levels. Shows up just how green-tinted my 3 year old Desire's AMOLED had become with age!

* Battery: too early to tell, but on the first couple of charge cycles it's clearly capable of at least 6 hours screen on operation.

* Sound: do you want some depth and detail to your ringtone? Well, now you can have it :). Made a couple of phone calls, and the earpiece quality beats any other phone I've ever used (not just cellphones). Haven't systematically tested whether Beats is a good or a bad thing yet - I use the PowerAmp setting to exclude it when playing music (I don't really go for equalisers), but should find time to try with and without. And I don't think I'm going to fail to hear this one ring :)

* In use: smooth, fast and responsive. And to my surprise I'm actually quite OK with the current version of Sense, though I'll probably drop the launcher soon - works well enough, but not enough customisation for my tastes. Currently trying both Apex and Nova, trying to decide which (Nova seems to have some features better designed, but I find Apex very slightly smoother). From someone who's been running AOSP ROMs since 2010 I think the fact that I'm happy to use Sense says at lot about how it's come on.

* Setting up: I have to admit that the HTC data transfer tool is great. Didn't need to use it for much, but as a simple way of just copying messages from one phone to the other it's brilliant.

* Miscellany: was really cool plugging a usb memory stick in via OTG and just seeing it from the phone. Many of my old apps just seem to work better too - a Tasker profiles that was glitchy on the old phone is solid on this one, formatting errors Moon+ showed with a couple of Gutenberg books aren't present with this device, etc.

And as for adapting to a much bigger device with a different interface, I have to admit that after just a couple of minutes my old 2010 flagship seemed like a clumsy toy :)

Forgot to say: one worry had been that with this MTP garbage it would be awkward/slow copying to/from my Macbook. But Google's Android File Transfer app fixed that - was a much quicker way of copying files than HTC's Sync Manager, and not limited in file types.

EarlyMon likes this.
  18. Italo

Italo Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    Male
    Student
    Atlanta
    I've had the phone for about a week now. It hasn't been long enough to test everything out, but I thought I would give my impressions so far. Hadron, I hope you don't mind me copying your layout :)

Build
    This is one of reasons I chose the One over the S4, and I've been very happy with the build quality so far. The phone feels good in my hand, and seems really solid.

I'm pretty sure the screen would shatter if I dropped it. I'm still waiting for my case to arrive. I'm just being careful while using it. It still looks like it's new out of the box. The power button was a bit hard to find and press at first, but I've gotten used to it.

Reception
    No problems. I don't know that it's any better than my old phone, but finally having LTE is nice.

Screen
    Another advantage over the S4 IMO. The screen is sharp, viewable in day light, and color accurate. I prefer the touch of the glass over the more plastic-y AMOLED.

Battery
    Seems adequate so far. I haven't had a day of heavy use yet. It's definitely holding up better than my Galaxy S running Jelly Bean.

Sound
    The main reason I bought this phone. The speakers sound amazing for a smart phone. The difference between the front facing stereo speakers on the One, and the tiny rear speaker on most devices is night and day. They are also REALLY loud. I keep having to turn down my ringtone and notifications.

I have Beats turned off at the moment. I can't really tell much of a difference. I've never been a fan of the Beats line, and always thought Beats Audio in phones and laptops is a bit of a gimmick.

In use
    The phone itself is very quick and responsive. Call quality is good, and the ear piece sounds clear. There's a few things missing from stock ICS/JB that I used quite a bit, and have no idea why HTC removed them:

• The quick toggles in the notification menu.
    • Changing sound profiles from the power menu (holding down the power button).
    • The recent apps list with horizontal swipe/clear all option.
    • Editing home screens and the dock in the Sense launcher is needlessly tedious.
    I can't seem to set Chrome as the default browser. I didn't care for the Sense launcher app drawer. I'm currently using Apex Pro and started using Flipboard. I really like having tabs in the drawer :). None of these things are deal breakers. Though, I don't like having to use toggle widgets; especially for things that were already easy to do in the first place. Hopefully the next Update will fix some of this stuff. Otherwise I might look at flashing a custom ROM.

The HTC keyboard works pretty well. I think Swype and Swiftkey Flow were both a bit more accurate though. I wish the HTC Task app had a widget.

Setting up
    I only synced up my Google Contacts and Calendar. The HTC Sync manager surprised me the first time I plugged the phone into my computer. It didn't really seem stable while scanning for media either. I wonder if I need to find a 64-bit version... Either way, probably not something I'll use much. I wasn't looking for an iTunes substitute. I'm fine dragging and dropping, and using WiFi data transfer.

Overall
    I love the phone so far. It's a nice size, and feels good in my hand. It's very sleek and pretty. It occurred to me that with an aluminum body this phone will be very difficult to repair.

I'm sure I'll have fun playing with new setups over the next few weeks. In addition to my case, I'm waiting for an OTG cable to arrive, which should make it easier to test out music and movies.

KOLIO and EarlyMon like this.
  19. chief113

chief113 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 4, 2011
    Philly
    This is the best phone I've ever had. I was actually surprised that it was better than the One X. The Zoe thing is really, really great. Also, the TV thing where you can control your TV is amazing too. I can't believe this phone is not more popular.

EarlyMon likes this.
  20. potatoshane

potatoshane Lurker
    None

Jul 22, 2013
    Heres the HTC One Review with a Fourth Grader!

This video was not scripted and he simply recorded himself talking about the HTC One for 30 minutes, and its shortened down to a few simple minutes :)

Please Enjoy!

HTC One Review w/ a Fourth Grader - YouTube

21. Tlicious1020

Tlicious1020 On Probation
    None

May 24, 2013
    People keep comparing the HTC One to the looks of the Apple Macbook Air. No, HTC did not mimic the looks of the Macbook Air. HTC got their design from the Sony Trinitron. I still use my Sony Trinitron as my primary television. If you look at the speakers on the sides of the television then look at the picture of the tv turned on its side you will see the HTC One folks. Mystery solved (Sonic Boom)!

Sony Trinitron.jpg

Sony Trinitron 2.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

22. R Deep Singh

R Deep Singh Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Hi guys,

So I have the HTC One X atm and looking to maybe get the One soon?

What are your reviews? Is it worth getting? Pros? Cons? Are HTC going to be bringing any new phones out anytime soon?

Thanks!

23. stephen1979

stephen1979 Newbie
    None

Jun 24, 2011
    Teacher
    Welland, ON
    I just got the HTC One yesterday after using a Nexus S for the past two years. So far I am extremely happy. It is very fast and despite what some reviewers say, I really like the feel usability of Sense 5. The speakers sound superb. The phone build is great, but very slippery. I was so nervous taking it out at first. My girlfriend likes it so much that she wants to sell her Iphone in order to get the HTC One.

So if you want something other than the Galaxy S4, I would recommend this.

24. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    If you're looking for a solution to the slippery feel WITHOUT donning a case,look no further:

HTC ONE M7 Screen Protector

Note the ever-present 40% discount code @ the top of the page,or,GOOGLE for a better discount (periodically).

The following discount code 80OFF2 is active. :D

25. Hendu71

Hendu71 Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2011
    Cons:

I was not so happy with this phone until I rooted it and installed the Revolution HD custom rom. I came from samsung S3 and did not like this UI, or the fact that it lacks a real menu button. (BTW, there is I believe a stock setting that allows the home button to act like a menu button on a hold press - if you don't do this it will put a software menu button on the bottom of most apps that reduces usable screen space). Revolution makes it more tolerable by installing a quick toggle for many functions on the top bar pull down along with some other UI customization. Also, the camera is inferior to the S3 in everything but dark, flashless shots. Zoe is kind of neat, but is extremely unintuitive and required watching a 20 minute youtube video to fully understand every feature. I don't see myself using Zoe that much.

Pros:
    I love the looks of it though, and I love the speakers, and the screen is good. Also, I like that you can use it as a remote control to your set top box and TV. Battery life seems pretty good so far, though I wish it had a removable battery. Hardware wise, it is a VERY good phone imo. 32mb internal storage is sufficient for me.

I recommend this phone if you like the stock UI or are willing to root and flash it to something better. I couldn't justify upgrading to the S4 from the S3 because they are too similar, and this was $50 less.

Tags: